New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone. I'm Candace. I'm 21 and now live in Norway.

Never in my life have I really been involved in a community such as this. I don't really like discussing about any of the details about what happened, but I was 14 when it did, and it's something that I'm not sure I'll ever fully recover from. Sometimes flashbacks hit me very hard when I see the same situation on tv or film, but I think I'm doing the best I can, and my husband is very supportive.

I don't really think I will be posting much because I'm not sure what I could offer as far as support, but I just wanted to say that I think this community is wonderful. The amount of support is overwhelming.

Welcome to AS .. :hug:

Hey Candace,

so nice to see you posting :hug:

(For these of you who don't know it, Candace is the wonderful web designer behind the new aftersilence.org.)

I think that full recovery means different things at different times of our lives. I used to identify "full recovery" with "never thinking about it again" and I thought that the day I could forget about it would be the day I knew I had recovered. Now I think that recovery may mean coming to terms with it and absolve myself from any blame. I'm sure that eventually my understanding of recovery will keep changing as I change and grow.

Always feel free to post should you ever need to talk, vent or share :bighug:

(For these of you who don't know it, Candace is the wonderful web designer behind the new aftersilence.org.)

And a really good job Candace has made of that .. :hug:

:hi: Hi Candace..welcome to AS. Feel free to lean on us for support anytime you ever feel the need. :hug:

You did a wonderful job with our front page, thank you so much.
Agreed. :)

Hi Candace,

Welcome to After Silence. Glad to have you here :hug: