Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone. I'm Candace. I'm 21 and now live in Norway.

Never in my life have I really been involved in a community such as this. I don't really like discussing about any of the details about what happened, but I was 14 when it did, and it's something that I'm not sure I'll ever fully recover from. Sometimes flashbacks hit me very hard when I see the same situation on tv or film, but I think I'm doing the best I can, and my husband is very supportive.

I don't really think I will be posting much because I'm not sure what I could offer as far as support, but I just wanted to say that I think this community is wonderful. The amount of support is overwhelming.

Welcome to AS .. :hug:

Hey Candace,

so nice to see you posting :hug:

(For these of you who don't know it, Candace is the wonderful web designer behind the new aftersilence.org.)

I think that full recovery means different things at different times of our lives. I used to identify "full recovery" with "never thinking about it again" and I thought that the day I could forget about it would be the day I knew I had recovered. Now I think that recovery may mean coming to terms with it and absolve myself from any blame. I'm sure that eventually my understanding of recovery will keep changing as I change and grow.

Always feel free to post should you ever need to talk, vent or share :bighug:

(For these of you who don't know it, Candace is the wonderful web designer behind the new aftersilence.org.)

And a really good job Candace has made of that .. :hug:

:hi: Hi Candace..welcome to AS. Feel free to lean on us for support anytime you ever feel the need. :hug:

You did a wonderful job with our front page, thank you so much.
Agreed. :)

Hi Candace,

Welcome to After Silence. Glad to have you here :hug: