Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Place To Start

i guess this is as good a place as any....

i am 46, just started therapy (2 sessions so far) and have just over 30 days under my belt with no alcohol....so, as would be expected, things are pretty raw right now. i held things together for so long & it all just kinda seems to be falling apart the last month or so.....i'm not liking it much....

Hi and welcome to AS

I am 44 and did the exact same thing. I am glad you found AS

Best wishes

karen

I'm 44 also. I guess things have to kinda fall away to get at what we need to get at in order to heal. But, it is very painful in the process. Welcome and take care.

Hi and welcome,

Your journey has only just begun, and like any long journey the road ahead looks daunting and understandibly feels so too right now. Try to take the journey a day at a time, focussing on the things you need to do today, to make the best of every day, and the destination will come to you. You have taken two major steps on your journey so far and you should be very proud of yourself for the effort this has taken. Stick with it and give it time and hopefully things will begin to improve soon..

In my thoughts

Brian

i guess this is as good a place as any....

i am 46, just started therapy (2 sessions so far) and have just over 30 days under my belt with no alcohol....so, as would be expected, things are pretty raw right now. i held things together for so long & it all just kinda seems to be falling apart the last month or so.....i'm not liking it much....

Well i think your doing amaizngly well already hun, keep going! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug: :hug: welcome to AS sweetie x

:bighug: Welcome to AS! Glad to have you here. Many Healing Hugs!

Love, Haullie