Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, i'm courtney. i'll share my story properly later in the other forum but i've been sexually abused for well over 11 years maybe as much as 14 years by my uncle. The truth is i honestly can't remember how long because i was so young when it started. An thats what hurts the most

Welcome to After Silence, Courtney :hug:

Love Meg

Courtney: Welcome to AS. I was very young when my abuse started, too. It is hard. But this is a very supportive place where you can feel validated and not so alone. Great that you're reaching out!

Hi Courtney and welcome,

"The truth is i honestly can't remember how long because i was so young when it started. An thats what hurts the most"

Yes, like a large gap in your memory, a part of you missing, your searching for answers to fill that gap. The gaps relate to the things your mind has buried deeply in order to keep you safe. In some cases it is possible to remember fully (generally through therapy), but generally the mind releases a little at a time in flashbacks and dreams, sort of asking you to deal with a little at a time. The trick is to deal with the memories and feelings as they come up, to talk about the experience,or to write down you feelings in a journal and to express them...this is where the healing exists...

Do you have a therapist or someone you can discuss these things with yet ? Talking here in whatever forum you want to is also useful because it gives you a platform to express or to purge the feelings...

You so deserve the answers you seek and I so hopethat you can find them..

Brian

Hi everyone, i'm courtney. i'll share my story properly later in the other forum but i've been sexually abused for well over 11 years maybe as much as 14 years by my uncle. The truth is i honestly can't remember how long because i was so young when it started. An thats what hurts the most

Hi, Courtney! :hug: I understand how it feels when you can't remember how long the abuse went on or when it even started. I can relate to your plight about lost time. You're a strong person. Don't forget you're reaching out, and that is a huge step. Remember you're in a safe place here. :bighug:

Truly,

Lea Ann

Hi Courtney, welcome to AS. I think you are a very brave girl. When you're ready to tell your story we'll be here for you to support you along the way. So glad to see you breaking the silence.

Love, Haullie