Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Survivorinwi

Hi,

My name is Dani and I am new here. I just wanted to let you know that this is the first time I have ever decided to talk about my abuse. I am hoping that I can get some relief here as I have had this bottled up inside if me for 21 years. It is now starting to eat me alive with all the guilt and shame that I feel.

I :pray: that I can get something out of here so that I can put the guilt and shame where it belongs.

Thank you

survivorinwi

:greet: welsome to AS!! :greet:

we are all here for you whenever you need us.

love and huggies,

kristine

Hi Dani :hi:

Welcome to After Silence. Hope you find the support and encouragement you're seeking here. Lean on us when you need to; you're definitely not alone.

Dani: Ooo! Good for you for knowing that the shame doesn't belong to you. This is a warm and accepting place. I think it will be a great place for you to break the silence. Welcome!

Hi Dani

Welcome to AS!

Thank you everbody for the welcome, I have to tell you that after reading everything that is in AS, I don't think that I am going to have that much trouble talking to everyone. But I am not saying that it will be easy to talk about IT though. I still have to work on that. Thank you again for such a warm welcome :bighug::thanks:

Hi there,

I am glad you found this site and hope that you find the information you are after. I find writing about it is easier - poetry or pictures or a journal.

Welcome

Whitedove

:hug::hug::hug:

Welcome to AS, Dani. I am sure you will find lots of friendship and support here.

Love Meg xx

Welcome Dani. All to often I feel that we as survivors and victims carry the feelings of guilt and shame when that is not ours to carry. I carried my pain for over 20 years until I found this board a month or so ago. You are not alone. :hug: