Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings!

Hello there! I am a new member. I'm happy to be here.

Here's a little intro... I'm 26 and I'm an incest survivor. The perp being my father. I have no contact with him and haven't since the age of 18.

I've come a long way in my healing journey, however I still have a ways to go. I'm currently in therapy. I'm seeing a Psychiatrist who also does therapy & specializes in PTSD.

I am very lucky and grateful that I have the support of my mom and sister. As soon as my mom found out about my "father" she left him, took my sister and I with her and never turned back.

Anyhow, so that's such a brief into, but an intro nonetheless! :) I look forward to being here. I need as much support as I can receive and I also need to give as much support as I can. Giving means as much to me as receiving!

Welcome to After Silence :)

Meg xx

Welcome to After Silence

Im so sorry for what you have been through. I know what you mean about the giving being just as important as the receiving - i feel the same way.

I'm glad that you have the support of your mum and sister and that you left when your mum found out. im sorry that it had to happen at all though.

Take really good care of yourself,

love from Laura xxx

Welcome to AS Sweetie! :) Hugs! :bighug:

I am glad you are seeking help and that your mother and sister are there for you.

I too have been abused in similar circumstances and glad that you have been able to find the courage to go to therapy and join this forum.

(((hugs))))

whitedove