Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Good Morning/Evening

Hey! I am new to this. I have been in therapy for awhile & I figured finding others who went through something like I have would be a good place to start for healing. My username is not my real name, I chose it because it reminds me to be graceful even when I do not feel that way. I am not ready to share my story just yet, but I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. I am not sure what else to say. I look forward to meeting wonderful people who can share their experiences and what helped them to heal. 

Gracie 

@gracie01 I am very glad that you took the step to reach out and connect.  I have found it very helpful in my healing journey to know that I am not alone.   I encourage you to continue to explore and share when and where you feel comfortable.  Undoubtedly you will find many compassionate survivors here who will be able to relate to your experiences. 

Welcome to the AS community!

Welcome to AS, Gracie. I'm so glad you found your way here. :) I'm sorry for what you've experienced, but you aren't alone. It sounds like you're working on healing, which is great. I think being here will boost your healing even more...you'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this community. Take care, and best wishes on your healing journey!

-Finchy

On 1/12/2024 at 2:22 PM, Finchy said:

Welcome to AS, Gracie. I'm so glad you found your way here. :) I'm sorry for what you've experienced, but you aren't alone. It sounds like you're working on healing, which is great. I think being here will boost your healing even more...you'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this community. Take care, and best wishes on your healing journey!

-Finchy

Thank you Finchy. I am looking forward to healing and finding others who understand the feelings. 

On 1/12/2024 at 11:12 AM, Six_times_seven said:

@gracie01 I am very glad that you took the step to reach out and connect.  I have found it very helpful in my healing journey to know that I am not alone.   I encourage you to continue to explore and share when and where you feel comfortable.  Undoubtedly you will find many compassionate survivors here who will be able to relate to your experiences. 

Welcome to the AS community!

Thank you. I have been reading over a lot of different threads and I am finding it easy to talk about things that no one else knows what I am talking about. 

On 1/12/2024 at 2:40 PM, gracie01 said:

Hey! I am new to this. I have been in therapy for awhile & I figured finding others who went through something like I have would be a good place to start for healing. My username is not my real name, I chose it because it reminds me to be graceful even when I do not feel that way. I am not ready to share my story just yet, but I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. I am not sure what else to say. I look forward to meeting wonderful people who can share their experiences and what helped them to heal. 

Gracie 

Hello Gracie (cute name!), and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am glad you decided to join in here, every survivor could use a community to fall back on. You can come here to vent, share, exchange advice and much more. After Silence was created by survivors for survivors. You take your time, and share what you'd feel comfortable to. It's great you've found a therapist that works for you. 

Please let us know if you'd have any questions, need some assistance with the site, or just crave some company. I am just one PM away :notalone:

Take gentle care, 

W ☀️

On 1/14/2024 at 3:40 PM, WannaMoveOn said:

Hello Gracie (cute name!), and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am glad you decided to join in here, every survivor could use a community to fall back on. You can come here to vent, share, exchange advice and much more. After Silence was created by survivors for survivors. You take your time, and share what you'd feel comfortable to. It's great you've found a therapist that works for you. 

Please let us know if you'd have any questions, need some assistance with the site, or just crave some company. I am just one PM away :notalone:

Take gentle care, 

W ☀️

Thank you Wanna! My therapist was the one who recommend I reach out to other survivors. I do not feel comfortable doing that in person yet because every time I have reached out to others in person, they do not believe me. I have been writing in a journal... I think I am close to wanting to share my story.. I just do not want to be judged. 

5 hours ago, gracie01 said:

Thank you Wanna! My therapist was the one who recommend I reach out to other survivors. I do not feel comfortable doing that in person yet because every time I have reached out to others in person, they do not believe me. I have been writing in a journal... I think I am close to wanting to share my story.. I just do not want to be judged. 

You take your own time, and only do what you really want to. This place is for you to fall back on whenever you want. Your therapist gave very good advice, and an anonymous online forum is a good compromise. I have never reached out to survivors IRL. 

W ☀️

Hi Gracie and welcome.

I am very sorry you have reasons to be here but glad that your T encouraged you to reach out. This community is filled with so many supportive and understanding members. You will not be told you aren't believed. We validate your trauma, both in what happened and the struggles you have faced. As others have said, it's ok to take your time. Feel free to look around and find a comfortable footing here. The only pace required is your own. When you are ready tho, we will be here for you, you can count on it!

I wish you many forward steps on this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to AS, @gracie01! You’ve already had a lot of incredible welcoming words. I only hope you find the solace and connection you’re looking for (and am sure you will) and that you appreciate your own strength in reaching out. Sending hugs, support, and good vibes, if okay. 🩵