Jump to content
Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Recommended Posts

Thank you for this space for survivors like me. Forgive me for the grammatical mistakes in expressing myself as English is not my mother tongue. I’m turning 24 this April and I’m here to seek support and healing as my parents refuse to believe me when I disclosed what happened.

 

 

Warm Regards

whoopeewee

Link to post
32 minutes ago, whoopeewee said:

Thank you for this space for survivors like me. Forgive me for the grammatical mistakes in expressing myself as English is not my mother tongue. I’m turning 24 this April and I’m here to seek support and healing as my parents refuse to believe me when I disclosed what happened.

 

 

Warm Regards

whoopeewee

Hello whoopeewee and welcome to our AS! I am Wanna :flowers:

I understand you perfectly, and English is not my primary language either. Yes, this is a space for survivors, you put the exact words on it! This is a safe space for survivors to connect to each other, exchange support, discuss healthy coping and much more. You can share what you'd feel comfortable to here, and you can discuss whatever occupies your mind at the moment. 

I am so sorry your parents won't believe you. We believe you, please know that. You are not alone in this. :youcanheal:

Take your time to get to know this site. You can contact me or any staff member for assistance, support or just some company. I am just one PM away. Please check your inbox for some information. We are currently having some issues with certain browsers, so if you click on the PM and it doesn't open, press down on the title of the message and drag it to a new window. 

All best, W ☀️

Edited by WannaMoveOn
Link to post

Hi whoopeewee.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you have faced. It is unfair and undeserved. I can imagine the heartbreak, as well, when your parents did not believe or support you. Parents are the people you should count on the most and I am sorry you did not have that. 

You will find support and understanding here, with our many kind community members. You are not alone. I commend you for reaching out and not allowing others to determine if you deserve to heal and there is something to heal from. We are here for you.

Feel free to look around at your own pace. Interact when you are ready. Wishing you many steps forward on your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Link to post

Hi whoopeewee, 

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. Please know that what happened to you was not your fault and that I believe you. 

We are all here to help each other heal. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. Sometimes interacting with other survivors can help you feel less alone. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do.  

Link to post
19 hours ago, WannaMoveOn said:

Hello whoopeewee and welcome to our AS! I am Wanna :flowers:

I understand you perfectly, and English is not my primary language either. Yes, this is a space for survivors, you put the exact words on it! This is a safe space for survivors to connect to each other, exchange support, discuss healthy coping and much more. You can share what you'd feel comfortable to here, and you can discuss whatever occupies your mind at the moment. 

I am so sorry your parents won't believe you. We believe you, please know that. You are not alone in this. :youcanheal:

Take your time to get to know this site. You can contact me or any staff member for assistance, support or just some company. I am just one PM away. Please check your inbox for some information. We are currently having some issues with certain browsers, so if you click on the PM and it doesn't open, press down on the title of the message and drag it to a new window. 

All best, W ☀️

Thank you for the warm welcome, WannaMoveOn

Link to post
12 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi whoopeewee.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you have faced. It is unfair and undeserved. I can imagine the heartbreak, as well, when your parents did not believe or support you. Parents are the people you should count on the most and I am sorry you did not have that. 

You will find support and understanding here, with our many kind community members. You are not alone. I commend you for reaching out and not allowing others to determine if you deserve to heal and there is something to heal from. We are here for you.

Feel free to look around at your own pace. Interact when you are ready. Wishing you many steps forward on your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you for your kind words, Mary.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, snmls said:

Hi whoopeewee, 

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. Please know that what happened to you was not your fault and that I believe you. 

We are all here to help each other heal. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. Sometimes interacting with other survivors can help you feel less alone. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do.  

Ok, I’ll try interacting with fellow survivors. Thank you for taking the time to read my intro and reply to it.

Edited by whoopeewee
Link to post
6 hours ago, whoopeewee said:

Thank you for the warm welcome, WannaMoveOn

Any time ☀️

Link to post
On 1/6/2024 at 8:28 AM, whoopeewee said:

Thank you for this space for survivors like me. Forgive me for the grammatical mistakes in expressing myself as English is not my mother tongue. I’m turning 24 this April and I’m here to seek support and healing as my parents refuse to believe me when I disclosed what happened.

 

 

Warm Regards

whoopeewee

HI welcome to AS friend.  So sorry for the reaction of your family and also of what happened. Know you are not alone and for what it is worth I believe you. Glad you are starting your healing journey.  It gets better promise. 

awi

Link to post

Dear whooopeewee

 

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

 

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

 

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Link to post
17 hours ago, awi said:

HI welcome to AS friend.  So sorry for the reaction of your family and also of what happened. Know you are not alone and for what it is worth I believe you. Glad you are starting your healing journey.  It gets better promise. 

awi

Thank you awi

Link to post
29 minutes ago, missfrier said:

Dear whooopeewee

 

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

 

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

 

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Thank you for reaching out, missfrier.

Link to post

Welcome to After Silence @whoopeewee. I'm so sorry for what you have experienced, and that your family is not suportive. You aren't alone. We hear you and we believe you.  It's a safe space here to talk and ask for support. There are so many kind caring people here. 

Dawn

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...