Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings.

Rowan8

New member here and finding this forum a bit confusing. I'm in my 50's and a survivor of abuse in childhood (6-12).  Groomed by a man (Catholic priest) and a woman, which continued into my teens. I had some therapy in my 40s, which was life changing in a positive way. And would be good to share support and empathy with other survivors on here. Someone to confide in without judgment, and talk about how we manage issues and triggers.  

Edited by Rowan8
25 minutes ago, Rowan8 said:

New member here and finding this forum a bit confusing. I'm in my 50's and a survivor of abuse in childhood (6-12).  Groomed by a man and a woman, which continued into my teens. I had some therapy in my 40s, which was life changing in a positive way. And would be good to share support and empathy with other survivors on here. Someone to confide in without judgment, and talk about how we manage issues and triggers.  

Hello Rowan8, and welcome to our community! I am Wanna :flowers:

It takes a lot of courage to open up about such kind of trauma. Please know that we believe you, and that you have nothing to be ashamed about. I am happy your therapy worked out well. I hope this site can provide the extra support you're looking for. What you described fits in well with After Silence, as this is a safe place by survivors for survivors. You take things at your own pace here, you're invited to share what you'd feel comfortable to. If you'd had a chance to look at our forum's index, you may have noticed that we carry a wide span of different forums. This may help you to quickly find posts or create a post in forums that fits your needs. You can discuss anything here!

I like what you describe, to confine in someone without judgement. I believe every survivor should have that. :aswelcomesu:

If you have any questions, need some extra assistance or some support, feel free to contact me or any staff member of choice. We are here for you! 

Take gentle care, 

W ☀️

Very much appreciated, thank you for the lovely welcome.

R.

Dear rowan

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Thank you for the welcome Missfrier

It's great to know that being here has helped you and others.

Hi @Rowan8. Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Sometimes speaking with other survivors can help you feel less alone. 

The site and be a little overwhelming at first. Take your time looking around and jump in whenever you feel comfortable. You are welcome to post as much or as little as you would like. If you need any help navigating the site, please don't hesitate to reach out to myself or any other members of the AS staff. Wishing you all the best. 

Welcome to the community, Rowan.

You will find this a safe and healing place to be. The members here are understanding and kind. You are not alone.

Wishing you many more steps forward on your path of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello Finchy, thank you for the welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear rowan

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.