Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction

Hello, I am new to this site. I wanted to find someplace to talk through what happened and find others who might have gone through similar stuff. I have never shared my story before and will eventually. Its been 6 years and I still have nightmares. It still bothers me and I feel like I should be able to move on but its been hard. All the memories and intrusive thoughts make things harder. On a more lighter subject. I like hiking, anime, and video games. 

Hello Sam30,

I'm sorry you went through something so traumatic.  There are no "shoulds" when it comes to a time frame for "moving on" because as you say it's hard.  I think it might be a good sign that you are ready to share your story and I hope that AS (After Silence) can give you some of the kind and compassionate support you deserve as you work towards healing and adjusting to your life after trauma.  I am part of the Newbie Support Team (NTS) and would like to officially welcome you to After Silence.  It's our sincere wish that AS will be a safe and supportive site for you to explore recovery with others who will have your back every step of the way.

ActivistAlly :wave: 

Thank you both I appreciate it. Having support from others who understand is important to me and think it will help as I am able to talk and connect with others. 

Hi @sam30*

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. There is no timeline for healing. We all move at our own pace. The healing journey is filled with ups and downs, but healing is possible and you will heal. Sometimes talking with other survivors can help you feel less alone as you move through the healing process. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. Wishing you all the best. 

@sam30* welcome to a.s.

please feel free to say as little or as much as you'd like, whenever you feel like it, whatever you are comfortable with. being here has helped me greatly, as i deal with my own traumas. i'll help you however i can.

Thank you. The support means a great deal to me. I am at a point where I do want to start talking about my experiences. I can no longer pretend it didn't happen. 

@sam30* Welcome to AS. I'm sorry that you have a need to be here. You aren't alone. There are some so many understanding and kind people here to offer their support. I hope you find it helpful.