Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hello...

hi, there. i'm a survivor who's been in therapy for about half a year. my abuse started/roots back to decades ago, but my cptsd never really broke into full force until march 2022. since then, i have admittedly made a lot of progress already (i don't always have a flashback every day anymore, and i can sleep in my bed again), but i'm getting to the really "hard part" of therapy too. there's a lot.

i've been hoping to find a community that really understands that i can vent to... i don't have many people i can talk to consistently, and even less that i can talk to frankly about sexual abuse.

anyway, hello all... i hope to stick around.

Hi selkiespot and welcome.

I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you have faced. It was wrong and undeserved for anyone to hurt you. You have found a very supportive site with so many understanding and kind members. Know that you aren't alone.

It is amazing how common that triggers can pop up, even years later. I'm happy that there has been progress but understand how finding a community that truly understands can help. I found this community a few years ago and it was a relief for me to find so many that could relate, and I became comfortable talking to. I wish this for you, too.

Feel free to look around the site and interact where you feel the most comfortable. We are here for you and wish you only the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Dear selkispot

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

@selkiespot I am sorry that you have endured trauma, but I am glad you found this community.  There are many people here who will relate to your experience.

You are not alone here. 

Hi, @selkiespot and welcome to AS.  So glad you are here, though I am sorry to make your acquaintance under these circumstances.  It is my hope that being here and gaining support and validation from our community will further you in your healing processes and bring you peace and comfort.

Wishing you all of the best!!  Again, welcome.  Take your time to look around and jump in wherever you feel ready.

- Cap

thank you all for the warm welcome... ❤️

this is such a gentle space, i'm glad i've found it. i've been trying to learn how to care for myself, and this seems like a good place to be.

Hello and welcome to AS. ❤️ I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced, but you are not alone. You're in a community that is full of supportive and kind people (as you've already seen). :) 

I see that you like video games...especially Pokemon. Me, too! What other video games are you playing right now?

Take gentle care.

-Finchy

1 minute ago, Finchy said:

I see that you like video games...especially Pokemon. Me, too! What other video games are you playing right now?

some of my favorites are spyro, skyrim, and i'm also a big fan of this indie (+ unpopular, heh) game on pc (and xbox?) called fugl where you fly around as a bird in a 3d pixelated style (think minecraft style but with more detail and color) in procedurally generated maps. it's silly because it's a really simple thing with no real goals, but i love it.

i also used to really like overwatch! but blizzard upset me in general, so i don't touch their games anymore. u_u

1 minute ago, selkiespot said:

some of my favorites are spyro, skyrim, and i'm also a big fan of this indie (+ unpopular, heh) game on pc (and xbox?) called fugl where you fly around as a bird in a 3d pixelated style (think minecraft style but with more detail and color) in procedurally generated maps. it's silly because it's a really simple thing with no real goals, but i love it.

i also used to really like overwatch! but blizzard upset me in general, so i don't touch their games anymore. u_u

Awesome! I love Skyrim, too!! 😄 I haven't heard of fugl, but it sounds very interesting! I just googled it. It looks incredibly soothing honestly. I'm glad you enjoy it so much!! :) 

Perfectly understandable about blizzard.

Some of my faves include the Fire Emblem series, Atelier series, Yakuza series...I could go on and on haha. Too many good games out there!