Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey there!

Hey everyone, I'm Kayla. I'm new here, and so relieved to have found this space. I sometimes am in need of support, or just someone to listen & really *hear* me, and I'm hopeful to find that here. My therapist has suggested I join a group for survivors of CSA, so I've been researching a bit, which is how I found this forum. Despite what has brought us all together, I'm glad to be here with all of you.

@Purple_Hair417 Hi Kayla ,

Welcome to After Silence, I am so sorry for what has happened that has brought you here to us. 

I hope you find AS helpfull and suportive. There are a lot really wonderful people here who are very suportive and kind. 

💛

Welcome to AS @Purple_Hair417. So sorry that you have suffered CSA. I hope you find the support and validation that you need.

2 hours ago, Purple_Hair417 said:

Hey everyone, I'm Kayla. I'm new here, and so relieved to have found this space. I sometimes am in need of support, or just someone to listen & really *hear* me, and I'm hopeful to find that here. My therapist has suggested I join a group for survivors of CSA, so I've been researching a bit, which is how I found this forum. Despite what has brought us all together, I'm glad to be here with all of you.

Hello @Purple_Hair417 and welcome to our community! I am Wanna :flowers:

Your T gave a wise suggestion, connecting with fellow survivors helps your healing a lot. We tend to relate to each other here, and you can use this platform to both discuss trauma, coping or just life in general. We are here for the good, bad and the in-betweens. 

I am sincerely sorry about your trauma and how it has affected your life. We believe you, it wasn't your fault. You have nothing to be ashamed about. Take your time to get to know our community. If you'd have any questions or need some venting/chatting, us staff are here for you :notalone: I am just one PM away!

All best, W ☀️

Welcome to AS, @Purple_Hair417! I'm glad you found your way here. :) You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this community. You're not alone. ❤️ I wish you all the best on your healing journey.

-Finchy

Thank you, everyone, for the warmest of welcomes. ❤️

Hi Kayla and welcome.

I am very sorry you have reasons to be here but am glad that your T suggested a community that offers support. We do offer not just support, but encouragement, validation, and that place where others do really hear you, which will helps make one not feel so alone with what they've been thru. It truly is a safe and healing place to be.

Feel free to look around and interact where you feel comfortable. We are here for you and glad you had the courage to reach out. I wish you the best as you begin to take steps foward on this journey we call healing. 

Mary

:notalone: 

Hey @Purple_Hair417, truly sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here I hope you don't hesitate to reach out I would love to get to know you. I'm pretty new to this platform and just looking to meet new people who can relate and I can vent to. Absolutely no judgment from my side and I find it comforting knowing many survivors are seeking help through this platform. 

Dear kayla

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through. I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud. Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted. It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well. Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug: