Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here,

Welcome to AS. It's very courageous of you to post. It is scary, especially when you're experiencing feelings that are difficult to share.

You have found a safe and caring place with lots of supportive and understanding people. Take your time, read posts, and share when you are ready.

Good morning @Petunia18 - welcome to After Silence, where so many others can truly relate.  I agree it is very scary when we try to put into words how trauma has affected us long-term.  There is no right or wrong way to do it - as long as you take it at your own pace and are comfortable.

Take as much time as you need to look around and browse our community.  I am sorry you have reason to be here but do hope that this wonderful group of survivors can provide you with comfort and validation!

Best wishes,

- Capulet

Welcome to AS, Petunia! I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm terribly sorry for what you've experienced. It was unfair and not your fault. It's ok to not have words for your feelings yet. Take your time. There's no rush. We're here for you, ok? You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this community. You're not alone!

Best wishes on your healing journey.

-Finchy

Hi Petunia and welcome.

I am very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but glad you have found us. You will find this a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

It's ok not to know what to say yet. There is no rush, so take your time. When I first found this community, I just did a little browsing. Reading is what got me, and many others acclimated here. I realized so many people would understand what I went through and the overwhelming feelings that I felt. It is a safe and healthy place to be.

I am wishing you the best as you begin to more forward down the path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

On 4/4/2023 at 7:24 AM, Capulet said:

Good morning @Petunia18 - welcome to After Silence, where so many others can truly relate.  I agree it is very scary when we try to put into words how trauma has affected us long-term.  There is no right or wrong way to do it - as long as you take it at your own pace and are comfortable.

Take as much time as you need to look around and browse our community.  I am sorry you have reason to be here but do hope that this wonderful group of survivors can provide you with comfort and validation!

Best wishes,

- Capulet

❤️🩹

On 4/4/2023 at 8:31 PM, MeBeMary said:

Hi Petunia and welcome.

I am very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but glad you have found us. You will find this a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

It's ok not to know what to say yet. There is no rush, so take your time. When I first found this community, I just did a little browsing. Reading is what got me, and many others acclimated here. I realized so many people would understand what I went through and the overwhelming feelings that I felt. It is a safe and healthy place to be.

I am wishing you the best as you begin to more forward down the path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

🙏😇🤗