Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Hi,

This is my first post. Seeking community with other survivors. I have spent most of my life not talking about this, having no idea how to even start. Thanks for having me, honored to be among you all.

Hi @zerostars

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Sometimes talking with other survivors can help you feel less alone. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. If you need any help navigating the site, feel free to reach out to myself or any other members of the AS staff. 

Wishing you all the best. 

Hi zerostars.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured to lead you here...but here is a very supportive site. You will find that our members are understanding and kind. You are not alone. 

I did the same...spent decades holding all I endured in. There is a relief to having others who get it. You can share or interact with others in a way that is comfortable for you. No pressure, no judgement, just encouragement and validation when you do. It's made a real difference for me, and I think it might do the same for you. So, feel free to look around and do it at a pace you feel comfortable with. 

Wishing you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome to After Silence @zerostars. I'm sorry for what has brought you to us here. You aren't alone.  

There are many amazing people here who understand how you're feeling. They are very suportive and and kind.  I hope you find the suport that you're needing here with us. 

Dawn

Hi @zerostars. I am glad you've decided to try to take some steps towards speaking uo about what you went through. I know how scary that can be, and I want you to know that you are not alone. I am very sorry for what you went through and for what brings you here, but I am glad that you are here nonetheless.