Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi

I'm new to the site and have been scared to even do an introduction post not knowing what to say. I guess I've come here to find others who have suffered similar traumas.  I'm so glad to have found somewhere where I can be understood.  I have PTSD and have been through counselling, CBT, medication and EMDR therapy to try and tackle this.  One of the things I find most difficult is feeling isolated due to what I've been through.  There's always the feeling that others who haven't been through similar don't understand.

Thanks for having this site and I will hopefully become braver to post more! 

Hi summer.

Welcome to the community. I am so sorry for the trauma you have experienced and the struggles that you face. It is unfair and undeserved that you experienced this type of pain. You have found a very supportive community tho, with many understanding and kind members. That isolated feeling will lessen, by you being here. It happened for me and so many others. I spent decades with avoidance and loneliness. It's amazing how there are others who do actually get it. You are not alone.

Feel free to take your time and look around. Reading sometimes is the best way to start and find your footing. Interact where and when you are comfortable. There is no timetable, so go at your own rate, no pressure. 

It is very courageous to reach out. I'm glad you have found us. Wishing you the best on the path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

@summer1 Welcome to AS.  There are indeed many here who will relate to and understand the experiences you have been through.  I am sorry that you had to endure what you did, but I am glad you found this community.

Welcome to AS, @summer1! I'm glad you found your way here. You are not alone. There are many very kind and supportive people in this community. I wish you all the best on your healing journey. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Hi @summer1 Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for what has happened that lead you here. Please know that it was not your fault. It was very brave of you to introduce yourself. 

There are so many suportive people here who understand how difficult it is. You aren't alone. I hope you find AS helpful. 

Dawn