Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Happy to be among you

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I am particularly moved to have found a place for discussion and support.

I am writing to you from the other side of the world, because in my country, the issue of sexual abuse and violence is not considered a public health problem.

I have experienced these types of violence both in my early childhood and as an adult, and I am currently in the process of healing.

Please excuse me if my English is not perfect, as I am using a translation software.

Thank you for accepting me on this forum.

ZiggyStardust

@ZiggyStardust I am sorry that you have suffered abuse and that it is not taken seriously in your country.  I am, however, glad that you have found us here.  You will find that there are many people who will be able to relate to your experiences.  Take your time to look around the forums and interact where you feel comfortable.

Welcome to AS, @ZiggyStardust. I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry though for what you've been through. It's truly unfair that you've suffered, and that your country doesn't take such abuse seriously. You didn't deserve what happened to you. It was painful, cruel, and undeserved. You are now in a safe place in this community, though. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people. You're not alone. ❤️ Best wishes to you on your healing journey!

-Finchy

Welcome to AS, @ZiggyStardust - I am sorry for the circumstances that have led you here, but am glad to hear you have begun your healing process....a process it is, indeed!  I am confident you'll find our community to be supportive and that you will find that you're not alone, here.

Wishing you all of the best!

- Cap

2 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I am particularly moved to have found a place for discussion and support.

I am writing to you from the other side of the world, because in my country, the issue of sexual abuse and violence is not considered a public health problem.

I have experienced these types of violence both in my early childhood and as an adult, and I am currently in the process of healing.

Please excuse me if my English is not perfect, as I am using a translation software.

Thank you for accepting me on this forum.

ZiggyStardust

Hello ZigggyStardust, I am Wanna :flowers: Welcome on board! 

I understand you perfectly, and don't worry, we have many here with a different first language, including myself. Don't feel embarrassed to ask us explaining something in another way so you understand everything. 

I am sincerely sorry about your trauma and everything that comes with, please know that we believe you. You are not alone, this site provides a support system by survivors for survivors. Reaching out for help is not always easy, but it will feel better in the long run. You decide how much you'd like to share and when, no pressure. 

You can discuss your trauma, mental health, thoughts and much more here. You can share about plain life here too. You can contact me or any staff member of choice through the Personal Messenger, would it be for questions, some support or company. :supportu:

Take care. ☀️

/W 

Dear ziggystardust

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Thank you so much for this welcome that I did not expect. 😲 

I am in tears as I write this post... I had lost hope because no one in my circle understands or perceives the importance of my process. Even worse, I am belittled because "I create problems that don't exist".

Only one person supports and encourages me.

Thank you again  😊🥰🥰 because today, I am determined to make progress in my therapy, to free myself from my anxieties.

ZiggyStardust

@ZiggyStardust I'm so sorry you're made to feel bad, that is so hurtful. I hope you don't believe who ever is telling you that. I believe you and suport you, asking for help or wanting to talk about what happened is not creating problems.  I love your attitude about therapy :)

@ZiggyStardust Cool name, and welcome here…

Unfortunately many of us survivors have experienced similar things… friends and/or family can’t understand what we’re going thru and can’t support us the way we need to be supported… They’re uncomfortable with our pain… and they may make us feel bad, like we’re too intensely upset or it’s taking too long for us to process the traumas… and so we end up feeling invalidated, alone, silenced…

Please realize that none of this is your fault.

The abuses and assaults are certainly not your fault. The only ones to blame are the individuals who mistreated you… And it’s not your fault that your country and society and  support circle don’t understand how truly malicious sexual abuse and sexual assault are. Most cultures would rather try to deny or minimize this huge problem. They promote misogyny and male privilege and prefer to identify with the aggressors rather than have compassion for the victims-survivors.

Im so glad that you’re taking steps to help yourself. That’s great! I’m glad that you’re in therapy. Hopefully you have a good therapist who is teaching you about the after-effects of traumas on the body and mind. And listening carefully to you and helping you process your thoughts and feelings… and helping you develop healthy coping skills… and supporting you as you work thru these challenges and take steps down your healing path…

Glad you’re here… Keep talking and reaching out…

🌻

🌟 A bright spot in my life 🌟

Hello 👋 I wanted to share with you my physical and mental soothing since joining AS. I don't claim to be "cured" but it's more of a relief to not feel so alone and misunderstood anymore.

I am not used to forums and other discussion spaces but here I feel .... free of a huge weight.

It's hard to express but I'm sure some of you have experienced this strange but so comforting feeling.

I thank you so much for your empathetic welcome.

🩷

ZiggyStardust

PS: I changed translators, it seems this one is more qualified 😊