Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hi!

hi, i’ve recently been feeling like i don’t have a lot of support from family or friends around my trauma, so i am trying AS out for the first time. i feel like i’m really looking for relatability and a sense of community. i’m happy to have found an anonymous forum for survivors because i feel like i’ve been looking for something like this for a long time.

~df

@DancingFlamingo I am sorry that you have endured the trauma that brought you here, and that you don't have the support you need from family and friends.  There are many people here who will relate to your experiences. Take as much time as you need to look around and interact when and where you feel comfortable.  Welcome to AS!

Hi there, DancingFlamingo,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all you've been thru. Trauma is so unfair and undeserved, and I am sorry you have experienced this. You have found a supportive community tho, with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

It is sadly common for those who haven't been thru this to know how to support or don't feel comfortable supporting survivors. Sometimes too, we feel like it's an added weight we give them, and we are uncomfortable, too. Whatever the reason, it's good to find a place where others can relate and will stand by you. This is what you have found here. 

Feel free to look around and jump in where you feel the most comfortable. I wish you well as you begin to move forward down the path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Hi @DancingFlamingo welcome to AS. I'm so sorry for what's happened that brought you here. I hope you find it helpful to be here.  It's hard for family and friends to understand what you've been through, and offer the support you need. I hope you can find some of that suport here with us. 

Hi @DancingFlamingo! Welcome to AS! I’m so sorry you’ve had to endure such trauma and that it has led you here, but I’m so glad that you’re reaching out for help and support! I hope you find AS helpful, supportive, and comforting to you. I’m new here myself as well, but I’ve noticed how kind everyone is here. 

Hey @DancingFlamingo! I can really only echo what everyone else has said so far, but really, this is a safe and welcoming environment. I'm so sorry for what you experienced that led you to here, but you will find comfort and support on this forum. Wishing you the best!