Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member Here

GJ2112

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and wanted to write a small intro. I am a survivor currently on the road to recovery, and I am looking forward to interacting with all you amazing people. I want to eventually share my story, but I need to work my way up to that. If anyone needs someone to talk to, I will be here to listen with respect and understanding.

Hello and welcome to AS, @GJ2112! Nice to meet you. I'm glad you found your way here. :) I'm so sorry though that you have reason to be here...what happened to you was cruel and undeserved. It's good that you are on the road to recovery...I think that you'll find recovery to be helped a lot by being in this community. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people. You're not alone! (P.S. I see you like video games...what are you playing right now?)

-Finchy

Thank you so much for your kind response @Finchy You have made me feel very comfortable. I recently bought the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy and I am playing through that for the first time. It’s a great collection of games!

1 minute ago, GJ2112 said:

Thank you so much for your kind response @Finchy You have made me feel very comfortable. I recently bought the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy and I am playing through that for the first time. It’s a great collection of games!

Ahh, such classics!! I played them when they were on the DS...or 3DS...whichever they were on. :P Such good games! I'm playing too many games to list...so I'll just list a few...Elden Ring, Atelier Ryza 2, and Harvestella.

Thank you @broken_but_trying for your kind words and encouragement. I am currently working up the nerve to tell my story for the first time ever. It’s a big hurdle to cross due to the shame and guilt I have associated with it.

5 minutes ago, GJ2112 said:

Thank you @broken_but_trying for your kind words and encouragement. I am currently working up the nerve to tell my story for the first time ever. It’s a big hurdle to cross due to the shame and guilt I have associated with it.

It might be good to start a new topic about "What happened to me" or something. It'd open up an area for others to share their story and maybe you won't feel alone. You deserve support and understanding. We can offer that. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, broken_but_trying said:

It might be good to start a new topic about "What happened to me" or something. It'd open up an area for others to share their story and maybe you won't feel alone. You deserve support and understanding. We can offer that. Just a thought.

Yes, I agree. There are a few events that happened leading up to my actual abuse that are much less graphic, and would be easier to talk about. I’m thinking of writing about those first and working my way up to the harder stuff to talk about.

2 hours ago, GJ2112 said:

Elden Ring was the first Soulsborne game I ever beat. Such an amazing game!

Oh very cool!! Bloodborne was my first. I actually haven't played any of the Dark Souls games...for some reason, I'm more intimidated by them. Elden Ring is really difficult, but it's so good. I love everything about it. (I just wish I were better at it haha!)

Dear Gj2112

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.