Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Self Introduction

Hello AS team !! This is TH ... I would like to introduce myself to everyone.. Since I'm new to this community, plz forgive me if i'm not posting in the correct community in the right way ! I came through this website after searching in browser . Because, as you all knew, not everyone can understand our hard path and support us in the right way.. First of all I would like to appreciate each and everyone here who is taking steps towards the path of healing instead of going in wrong path ... I hope this is a courageous 1st step we can take despite our grief .. Well , I have come across some other support grp as well but i didn't feel ok and i was becoming more negative after joining that grp. But this AS is making me feel better ..especially the different forums and trigger warning given ..so that we can choose to either read it or ignore since it's not easy for a victim like me to accept few realities at times... I personally feel like AS is something that's really gonna make me feel much better in upcoming years atleast to enable me to lead a normal life with my loved one.. I hope AS will help me to become mentally strong and regain the happy me once again 

Good morning TowardsHealing, welcome aboard. We're a loving nurturing community and it has helped me tremendously. It's helping me to digest the trauma and move forward living. The trauma has made me stronger/insightful and it can do the same for you...stand firm in your healing, friend. Take your time exploring the forum and share when you're ready...no pressure. I look forward to healing with you!

Edited by S_Sundance
5 hours ago, TowardsHealing said:

Hello AS team !! This is TH ... I would like to introduce myself to everyone.. Since I'm new to this community, plz forgive me if i'm not posting in the correct community in the right way ! I came through this website after searching in browser . Because, as you all knew, not everyone can understand our hard path and support us in the right way.. First of all I would like to appreciate each and everyone here who is taking steps towards the path of healing instead of going in wrong path ... I hope this is a courageous 1st step we can take despite our grief .. Well , I have come across some other support grp as well but i didn't feel ok and i was becoming more negative after joining that grp. But this AS is making me feel better ..especially the different forums and trigger warning given ..so that we can choose to either read it or ignore since it's not easy for a victim like me to accept few realities at times... I personally feel like AS is something that's really gonna make me feel much better in upcoming years atleast to enable me to lead a normal life with my loved one.. I hope AS will help me to become mentally strong and regain the happy me once again 

Hello TH! I am Wanna, welcome here :flowers:

Yes, this is a very organized place regarding the forums. This site provides very specific rules regarding trigger warnings, and our lovely moderators are keeping this place safe. I am happy to hear you've gotten a good impression here, as oppose to your previous communities. It is important that you can choose your triggers, so your day won't be spoiled by an unpleasant surprise. 

After Silence is a place for all kinds of survivors, to feel supported and understood. Sometimes it takes a survivor to get a survivor, as we tend to relate to each other in one way or another. This place is to vent, exchange advice, finding healthy coping mechanisms and just overall have a safe place to go. You can talk about trauma-related topics as just plane life. 

Please know we believe you, and please know whatever happened was not your fault. :notalone:

Take your time to get to know the place, and don't worry about struggling to find the right forums. Most important thing is to know what forums are public or not, so you can protect your anonymity. If you would have any questions or need some company, you are invited to contact me or any staff member of choice. We are here for you!

Take gentle care, 

W ☀️

Welcome to AS, TH! ❤️ I'm glad you found your way here. I wish you all the best on your healing journey. Take all the time you need. I'm sorry for what you've been through, but you will heal...no matter how long it takes. :friends2:

-Finchy

Welcome to AS, @TowardsHealing - so sorry that you have reason to be here - the growing number of community members will never something that will become easier to see - but I do hope that being here among those who understand will bring you peace, comfort and healing.

Best wishes,

- Cap

Hi @TowardsHealing Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here. It's a big step and takes a lot of courage to come on a forum and introduce yourself. 

I hope you find the positive suport you're looking for. There are a lot of kind and supportive people here. A lot of forums and topics that have some really good tips and advice, and a whole lot a understanding and support. 

Dawn