Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Ashamed

Hello,

I am new to this site and am glad I found it. I see a lot of similarities in trauma when I read everyone’s stories. I am so sorry you have all experienced this abuse as well. I am hoping to get some strength and courage from you as right now I couldn’t feel weaker and more worthless.  Thank you for reading this. 

Hi Hurting.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced and the struggles you face. They were not your fault, as nobody had the right to hurt you. We all have experienced an array of emotions and doubt ourselves so very much. Reaching out is not a sign of a weak person, tho I know it's often hard to believe. Somewhere inside of you knows you are worthy and deserve healing. I know it's true...and everyone here will, too.

Feel free to look around the site and interact where you feel comfortable. You are not alone. I wish you nothing but the best as you continue down this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi hurting

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

You  are not  worthless  or weak  ur .strong  person  for reaching out  for support.

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

@Hurting18

I am so sorry for what has happened to you , for what has brought you After Silence. 

You are not worthless, and in no way is anything that happened to you your fault. 

You took a very brave step in posting, it takes a lot of courage to ask for suport. It's not easy, but you did it. 

I hope you find some peace knowing you are not alone in this and we're all here to listen and suport, encourage and even just sit with you for a while if you need some company.  

Hello @Hurting18, welcome dear, you're in the right place. I'm sorry, for your trauma and bring hope to your broken 💔. You're among people who have experienced pain such as yours and can say, yes, I've been there but not there anymore. I had to be broken in order to grow and flourish. Sometimes, our blessings come in disguise. At least, that's been my experience. I know, this is hard to conceive, right now, but don't give up before the miracles happen. Once again, WELCOME aboard and RELAX because you're among supportive friends.

Edited by S_Sundance
On 1/10/2023 at 3:16 AM, Hurting18 said:

Hello,

I am new to this site and am glad I found it. I see a lot of similarities in trauma when I read everyone’s stories. I am so sorry you have all experienced this abuse as well. I am hoping to get some strength and courage from you as right now I couldn’t feel weaker and more worthless.  Thank you for reading this. 

Hello and welcome here, I am Wanna :flowers:

I am glad you've found this site, I believe every survivor could use an anonymous support system. This community is here for you, to feel less alone and get a chance to connect with fellow survivors. You decide how much you share and when, no pressure! 

You are not worthless, and you are strong for signing up here. It means you want something. I have noticed that many survivors feel like they will never catch up with others, but truth is everybody is carrying around on something. It's how we choose to cope that matters. 

Please let me know if I can help you in any way, I am here to assist you and to listen. ☀️

Have a nice day, take gentle care 

/ W ☀️