Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi MochaLatte,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you have found us. I'm glad you have already seen the kindness and support our members give each other. It is truly a place for safe healing.

It's always ok to take your time. Reading others is always a good way to start. I remember that is what I did...and said hello to many of the other new members. As I got more comfortable, I began to spread my wings a little more. It sounds like you might be a bit like that too. That comfort will come.

I am glad you reached out today and said hello. It's a first step hopefully of many on this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi @MochaLatte Welcome to AS.  I am sorry that you have been through traumas that have brought you here, but I am glad you found us.  Congratulations on reaching out.  It takes courage to reach out to others at the beginning of the healing journey.  There are many others here on their own healing journey who are ready to offer comfort, advice, and company as you continue on your journey. 

Mary, 

Thank you so much for the reply and for the support. It is nice to know you got your start in the same way with just reading the forums to start and then eventually got more comfortable, I believe this is where I am as well, There is a lot of information out there of which I can relate to so much, I believe in time I will navigate my way more and post, I think it will help in healing in my own way.

Thank you again.

Six, 

Thank you for your response and support, It means a lot and I believe that this site is a very good place to start in the process of healing, it is good to know there are people here who are also on their own journey's but can offer advice as well.

@MochaLatte Welcome to AS, I'm sorry for the reason your here. I hope you find us supportive and feel comfortable to share if or when you're ready.  There are so many suportive and helpful people here, and a lot of really good advice sprinkled through all of the topic threads. 

Dawn76,

Thank you so much for the support and reply. I definitely find this forum  to be very helpful and very informative and do feel in time I will be more comfortable in sharing as time progresses. I feel very in awe of the support received already from those who have replied in the thread, It is been something I have been seeking and not been able to find, even from those closest to me in my daily life because often people who have not been in traumatic events shut down, have no response or without them knowing victim blame when support is just wanted or needed.

Thank you.

Welcome to AS @MochaLatte! I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ I'm sorry for what you've experienced. It was undeserved and not your fault, but you are not alone. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. Take your time exploring and posting where you're comfortable. :) Best wishes to you!

-Finchy

Finchy, 

Thank you so much! I am still figuring my way around the site somewhat, but in the few short days since my initial post, I have felt so much support from those that have posted and it's been very eye opening going from zero support to being surrounded by others whom share the same experiences of this trauma and offer it freely and have understanding.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:50 PM, MochaLatte said:

Hi, I am fairly new and have sought comfort in checking out the site for a bit, and never knew when I would have the courage to write anything. But I am glad to see so much  support here and felt like it was time.

Hi,

Fairly new here myself but wanted to extend the welcome to you just as I was welcomed when I was joined. The support shown here is truly amazing and I wish you luck on your journey 

On 12/11/2022 at 5:50 AM, MochaLatte said:

Hi, I am fairly new and have sought comfort in checking out the site for a bit, and never knew when I would have the courage to write anything. But I am glad to see so much  support here and felt like it was time.

Hello and welcome here MochaLatte! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am happy to hear this site has given you a good impression! I hope you will find a safe place here, to have your back whenever you need us too. After Silence welcomes all types of survivors, and our members form a great support system. 

This is a place where you can share(in the amount you'd feel comfortable too), connect with fellow survivors and exchange advice. You can discuss trauma-related topics here as well day-to-day life. 

You can reach out to me or any staff member of choice, just one PM away :supportu:

Make sure to let us know if we can help you in any way or if you'd need some chatting/venting. 

Wishing you the best, 

W ☀️

Wanna, 

Thank you for your response, The site has really left a good impression on me and feel this is a safe space. I can appreciate all the support and openness of others through various forum threads I have read. I am still working my way around the site, but feel grateful that there is support, advice and just venting to others when needed.

Thank you.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:47 PM, MochaLatte said:

Wanna, 

Thank you for your response, The site has really left a good impression on me and feel this is a safe space. I can appreciate all the support and openness of others through various forum threads I have read. I am still working my way around the site, but feel grateful that there is support, advice and just venting to others when needed.

Thank you.

Good for you! Take your time, I am just one PM away :) 

W ☀️