Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Hi, 

I really don't know what to say in here... I was sexually assaulted by my teacher while in school four years ago. I have yet to have my day in court and they keep pushing the court date back. Anyways I'm still struggling to figure out who I am and what I'm doing but I found this site and thought it would be something good to try. 

QDear survivour2823

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hello and welcome to AS, @survivor2823! I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. That is so awful. And it was not your fault. I'm proud of you for reporting and going to court. I just hope that your day comes soon. It's so unfair that they keep pushing your date back. I wish you all the very best. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here to help you during this time...you're not alone. 

-Finchy

Hi @survivor2823

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. Please know that what happened to you was not your fault and you did not deserve to be treated that way. Trying to get justice through the courts is an incredibly long process, but I hope that one day you get to have your day in court and find justice. 

You are welcome to come to this site whenever you need support. Feel free to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. Wishing you the best. 

Hi Survivor, 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the continuing struggles you face. It's wrong to be hurt by anyone, but when it's a trusted person, it's deplorable. A teacher has a responsibility to so many young people and it's frustrating and unfathomable how someone like this gets a position like this. Tho it's been 4 years and a court date still awaits, it hopefully means this person is no longer allowed in schools. I just wished that it happened before you were traumatized.

I do love your username, as it often takes a long time for a survivor to identify as a survivor. You may still be learning who you are, but at least survivor is a part of that identity. You will continue to evolve tho and hopefully become the person that you are proud of and perhaps were meant to be, despite everything. 

Please feel free to look around the community and interact were you feel the most comfortable. We are here for you. Wish you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

It does take time, it did for me. I always had the excuse of a mistake or a regret after the fact. Victim was even hard to admit to. It took time, but in my mind, I know classify it as being a victim at the time and a survivor after the initial trauma...as we did somehow survive it, no matter how messy and hurtful it was. I do know it takes everyone their own process and in their own time to realize this. I am just always happy to see when someone has realized this, so I was glad to see it as your moniker for being on this site. 

Best to you in the continuing healing process. :) 

@survivor2823 I am sorry for the trauma you have been though it is unfair that someone you should have been able to trust betrayed that trust.  I am however glad you found your way to AS.  there are many people here with similar experiences who are willing to offer comfort, advice, and companionship on your healing journey.