Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello From TLR3715

tlr3715

Hello. I have been active on other survivor forums and thought this one also looked very professional with an active community, so am looking forward to some great conversation. 

Although I did experience some encounters with a sexual deviant as a child, my encounters were pretty mild (thankfully) compared to what many other have had to endure. I was able to come away with not so much trauma from those experiences. My trauma came from seeing people I love very much heal through terrible things from their childhood and seeing how those things can change them and damage the parts I love about them. 

Through most of my life I have been surrounded by family, friends, and relationships who have all suffered terribly through child abuse and I have dedicated quite a lot of my time to researching abusers, and how their actions impacts the human mind, body, and spirit. I have found this knowledge combined with the many conversations I have had with other survivors has given me some unique insight into many of the struggles survivors face and I am able to provide some unique and (hopefully) worthwhile perspective. 

I am also a creative person and have written many poems relating to abuse and even wrote a novel recently. 

So hopefully I have some things to share that others may benefit from.

Thank you for reading.

It appears you've been a member here for a while, but you're just returning? Well, welcome back then! :) I'm glad you found your way back here to AS. I'm sorry for what you've been through, and I'm also sorry for what your loved ones have been through. I hope that being here will help you to help them. Best wishes. ❤️ 

-Finchy