Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone,

SummerSky

I'm new here, hoping everyone is well. I've always glossed over forums like this but never had the to courage to sign up and speak of my experiences. I was also scared of the big what if my abuser were to come across these forums and some how recognise me and get some sort of sick satisfaction out of the pain he inflicted on me as child over all those years. I guess that's the overthinker in me working overtime. Since the past week I have been feeling particularly lost. I'm sinking and breaking and feel like I'm fading away. Normally I can climb out of feeling like this and dust myself off but I'm feeling rather emotional, lonely and isolated. So today I don't know if I can call myself a survivor when I'm feeling this low and weak. I don't have anyone I can talk to about what I have endured and I find opening up to people quite hard. I pray and hope this place can be one of healing. 

Hi @SummerSky

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. I'm sorry that you have been having a hard time lately. Even when you don't feel like you are still a survivor. Some days will be harder than others, but that doesn't mean that you are any less valid or strong. Healing is hard! Sometimes talking with other survivors can help you to feel less alone and validate your feelings. You are welcome to come to this site any time to post about anything. Just reading posts is fine too. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Welcome to AS, SummerSky. ❤️ I'm glad that you found your way here and got up the courage to introduce yourself! You're very brave. You're definitely a survivor. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced, but you aren't alone. And you're also safe here...these forums are very secure. :) And if anything WERE to happen...no worries...we will handle it. We've got your back. 

Best wishes to you on this healing journey.

-Finchy

Hi SummerSky.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you still face. It was unfair and undeserved. You have found a very supportive community, tho, with so many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

I think the feeling of being recognized is somewhat common and somewhat normal...and we all tend to overthink at times. We do our best to safeguard in every and any way we can, and you have privacy as to your personally identifiable information. Those of us on staff will do everything we can to, as @Finchy mentioned above, have your back. 

Feel free to look around some more and interact where and when you feel comfortable. There is no pace but your own pace, but we are here when you are ready. I wish you the best as you continue this path, we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

On 11/22/2022 at 12:35 AM, SummerSky said:

I'm new here, hoping everyone is well. I've always glossed over forums like this but never had the to courage to sign up and speak of my experiences. I was also scared of the big what if my abuser were to come across these forums and some how recognise me and get some sort of sick satisfaction out of the pain he inflicted on me as child over all those years. I guess that's the overthinker in me working overtime. Since the past week I have been feeling particularly lost. I'm sinking and breaking and feel like I'm fading away. Normally I can climb out of feeling like this and dust myself off but I'm feeling rather emotional, lonely and isolated. So today I don't know if I can call myself a survivor when I'm feeling this low and weak. I don't have anyone I can talk to about what I have endured and I find opening up to people quite hard. I pray and hope this place can be one of healing. 

Hello and welcome here, I am Wanna :flowers:

This is a safe place, where you take things at your own pace. Opening up can be very hard, I know. Sharing can bring up certain reactions as we open a box of suppressed emotions. However, as the storm calms, you will feel better in the long run. It is important that you know, that you are far from alone. You have a community to follow you through this, and eventually the good days will outnumber the bad days. 

You are a survivor. It's about finding healthy coping and a sustainable support system. To find your balances again so you can lead a fulfilling life. You are being very brave coming here. We believe you, we do not blame you. Please let me know if I can be at any help - just one PM away! :supportu:

Now, take gentle care. All best! / W ☀️

Dear summersky

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Edited by missfrier

Hi @missfrier

Thank you for the welcome and support.

I can sense that though people here are torn themselves are so compassionate and willing to help. I find myself breathing a sigh of relief that I've come to a place where people will understand me.

Thank you for caring, you take care too.