Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hello everyone

hi everyone. 

i’m 26 years old, and i have been sexually abused throughout my life. i never spoke about what happened to me to any, except to my journals. i’ve healed through numerous things in my life, but my sexual trauma is something i don’t know how to navigate. 

as i get older, the abuse i endured from 15-25 has finally reached my core. my trauma is effecting the way i love, and i don’t know what to do  

when i think about the things that happened to me, i immediately start sobbing and panicking.

i’m not exactly sure what i am looking for through this, but finally accepting what happened to me is step one. thank you 

Hi finding_a_path,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured. It was unfair and undeserved. You say the trauma ended a year ago? I am at least glad you are away from the abuser. It can be very difficult to find your healing path when abuse continues. 

Tho, the abuse is over, we understand here that struggles still persist long after. You have found a very supportive community tho, with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. I personally think this is why most of us find our way here. To find others who understand and to not be so alone with it all.

I am glad you decided to reach out. It is a brave step indeed. I wish you many more steps as you begin this journey of healing.

Wishing you the best. 

Mary

:notalone:  

Hi @finding_a_path

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Healing is hard and takes a long time, but it is possible. The healing journey is filled with ups and downs, but over time you will feel stronger and more in control. Talking with other survivors can be helpful in the healing process. You are welcome to come to this site anytime and post and share whenever you feel comfortable. You are not alone here. Just reading posts is fine too. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Dear findingmypath

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through. I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud. Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted. It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well. Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!