Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone

Hello everyone,

I am a survivor of abuse I endured as a teenager, so 18-21 years ago. I am very thankful for where I am today as I never sought help from anyone for it. Though, I've always known that I would eventually need to find time for myself to properly work through it, and with current issues developing in my life, I doubt I can push it off any further. So I stumbled upon this forum not too long ago and am forcing myself to take the first step by at least introducing myself. I hope that will take me closer into being able to share my story, and to even be able to find advice, whether it be direct or by just reading the stories of others. 

Here's to a very slow journey of truly healing. 💕

Hi @Blossom854

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. The healing process is slow and difficult at times, but healing is possible. Talking and sharing with other survivors can help you to feel less alone and validate your feelings. You are welcome to post on the site whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too! If you need any help navigating the site, feel free to reach out to myself or another member of the AS staff for help. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Hi Blossom,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you have been thru as a teenager. It was so wrong and undeserved. Many of us can relate to pushing it off or even denying what happened had an effect, but we all have eventually come to this place in our lives where we can't ignore it anymore. You will find much support from our many kind and understanding members here, but yes. Take your time and interact when and where you feel the most comfortable. Your story comes on your own terms. There is no pressure. 

I am glad you decided to reach out tho and give us a try. You will find this a healing and safe place. I wish you the very best. 

Mary

:supportu:

Hello and welcome to AS, Blossom. I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ I'm so sorry for what you've been through, though. It was cruel and undeserved. Take your time exploring the site...you'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone!! 

Best wishes to you on this healing journey. :) 

-Finchy

Welcome Blossom 🌸, you're doing the right thing taking your time. Recovery is a slow process...3 steps forward and 2 steps back. I'm sorry for your dreadful experience but glad you found us. We're here to support each other and you're a valuable addition to the community. We will teach support and love you on this site. Take your time navigating the site and share only when you're ready... we're pressure free. Again welcome and we're here for you. Peace Flowers & Sunshine ✌️🌺🌞

On 11/10/2022 at 10:45 PM, Blossom854 said:

Hello everyone,

I am a survivor of abuse I endured as a teenager, so 18-21 years ago. I am very thankful for where I am today as I never sought help from anyone for it. Though, I've always known that I would eventually need to find time for myself to properly work through it, and with current issues developing in my life, I doubt I can push it off any further. So I stumbled upon this forum not too long ago and am forcing myself to take the first step by at least introducing myself. I hope that will take me closer into being able to share my story, and to even be able to find advice, whether it be direct or by just reading the stories of others. 

Here's to a very slow journey of truly healing. 💕

Hello Blossom! I am Wanna :flowers:

You take your time here, okay? You have no obligations here, just do what feels best for you. After Silence is a safe place to vent, share and connect with fellow survivors the way you'd like. Aside from trauma and trauma-related topics, you can talk about day-to-day life here too. I am glad you've decided to join, because every survivor should be offered a community. Please know we believe you, it was not your fault :aswelcomesu:

Stay safe, 

W ☀️