Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I just joined a few days ago but was clueless as to what to put here. Been feeling the need to talk about this for a little while now but was too afraid to. Finally decided to start searching online and came across this site. It’s exactly what I was looking for. A way to connect with people who would understand me and not judge me or make me feel worse than I already do. 

Hi Starbuck.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all you've been thru. I hope you know that it was unfair and undeserved. Nobody has the right to hurt another like this. You have found a supportive community with many understanding members. You are not alone.

It takes courage to reach out and I am glad you did. Feel free to look around the site and interact when and where you feel the most comfortable to. It's a big step to even get a hello out, so good job in doing so. I wish you the best as you continue down this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:  

Hello and welcome to After Silence, @Starbuck81! I'm glad you found your way here. It's ok to be nervous at first in a new place...but trust me, we're all really friendly and supportive. You'll find a lot of kind people here that can understand you. :) I'm so sorry for what you've experienced, but you are on the road to healing. Just posting here is a huge step! I wish you all the best. Take your time exploring...we're here for you.

-Finchy

Hi @Starbuck81. Welcome to AS. 

I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Sometimes connecting and talking with other survivors can help you to feel less alone and validate how you are feeling. Take some time looking around the site and then jump in whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do.