Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Klara01

Hi, I'm very nervous about posting here. I've had my account for a while but feels hard to know what to write. I'm glad to be here though and I hope to learn dealing with all of this better somehow

Hello, Klara and welcome to AS! I'm glad you found your way here and decided to introduce yourself. :) It's not easy to do, but you took a huge first step in healing just by joining this site and posting. Take your time exploring, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I wish you all the best on your healing journey. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Hi Klara and welcome.

I am very sorry for the trauma you've been thru and the struggles you face. It was unfair and undeserved to be hurt as you were. You have found a wonderful community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

It takes courage to reach out, so good job with that. It's ok to take your time and look around and get comfortable. As survivors, new things can be a bit scary, can't they? You will not be pressured, but we are here for you when you need us to be. 

Wishing you the best on this path we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

On 10/17/2022 at 1:24 AM, Klara01 said:

Hi, I'm very nervous about posting here. I've had my account for a while but feels hard to know what to write. I'm glad to be here though and I hope to learn dealing with all of this better somehow

Hello Klara01 and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

It's okay to be nervous, you've just reached a big milestone after all. Finding your voice and using your words is where your healing begins.

This community is open for all kinds of survivors, and you decide how much you'd like to share. This is a great opportunity to connect with fellow survivors and feel less alone. We tend to relate to another here, and you can talk about anything. Please know we believe you, whatever happened was not your fault. 

Please reach out any time with questions, thoughts or for some company. I am here for you :supportu:

Sending my best, 

W ☀️

• 2 weeks later...

I'm newish as well but welcome @Klara01💛

Sometimes I find that when I don't know what to write, if you put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) anyway and just start, you'll surface a lot more than you think. I hope you get some comfort out of your time here. Even just knowing there's a community that has your back can be really helpful.