Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A year survived

Artemisia

Hello all. 

My traumaversary approaches after the worst year of my life. R'd by someone I trusted, re-traumatized by the criminal justice system and patriarchal attitudes, suicide attempt, divorce (still proceeding), a move to a new city (that was a good thing but exhausting), I feel every day is a decision to survive. With the date nearing, I wonder if my psyche, so fresh to healing, will withstand the memories and emotional maelstrom they will bring. Will my heart and mind fail me, leave me broken in this new life I'm trying to create? And I can't help but wonder if he's shaken, too, or celebrating the evil he got away with. 

Thank you all for making this forum, for supporting each other, for reminding us we are not alone. 

@Artemisia I am sorry for what you have been through but I am glad that you found us here.  This truly is a healing and supportive place, you will find many people here who will relate to your experiences and offer comfort and support.  You are definitely not alone!

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Artemisia, 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry that you have been hurt and that you struggle still today. Being betrayed by someone you trusted is not an easy thing to process. I hope you understand and believe that this is entirely his fault. It was unfair and undeserved. 

As your traumaversary approaches, make sure you take time out to do some pampering of yourself. Reclaiming a day that was marked with ugliness can be difficult but let yourself know that you are worth it. So, treat yourself kindly and try not to think about that evil person at all. He has already taken too much from you and I feel karma will get him sooner or later. 

I am glad you found us and decided to reach out. It's a brave thing to do. I wish you many steps forward on this path we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

@Artemisia Welcome to AS. I'm so glad you found your way here. :) I'm so very sorry, though, for what you've been through. Traumaversaries can be very difficult. You're not alone in your feelings. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people here to be with you during this tough time. You've gone through a lot and have persevered, I think you will push through this traumaversary as well. Wishing you all the best...sending lots of support. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Artemisa

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.