Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Taj

Hello there.  I’m going by Taj on this forum.  Taj is Klingon for dagger which should tell you that I am a huge sci-fi nerd.  I am a male, 56 year old, adult survivor of childhood abuse.  I have recently acknowledged that my abuse has had a way more impact on my adult life than I had ever cared to admit.  My main abuser was my adoptive father (man who raised me) but also suffered emotional abuse and neglect from my adoptive mother (biological aunt).  My wife is encouraging me to seek support now.  I have tried therapy a couple of times, diagnosed with an anxiety issue and PTSD, but it never went very far.  I have never been able to truly connect with my therapist because I don’t trust that they will really get me. I couldn’t believe how emotional I’ve been since deciding to connect through here.  We’ll wish me luck.

Dear taj

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with yo

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site

Take care and keep reaching out 

Taj, I’m sorry for wha you have been through but I am glad that you found your way here.  There are many people here that will be able to relate to your experiences and offer support.  

:aswelcomesu:  :notalone:

Hi Taj,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the abuse you endured as a child. It was undeserved and unfair. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding members. You are not alone. 

Feel free to look around the community and interact where and when you feel the most comfortable. I am glad you found us and decided to join. Wishing you the very best as you continue down this path, we call healing. 

Mary

:supportu:  

Hi Taj, welcome! I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through but I’m glad your here now 🙂I’m pretty new to AS as well, everyone is really friendly and supportive and I hope you feel comfortable over time.

On 8/17/2022 at 10:17 PM, Taj said:

Hello there.  I’m going by Taj on this forum.  Taj is Klingon for dagger which should tell you that I am a huge sci-fi nerd.  I am a male, 56 year old, adult survivor of childhood abuse.  I have recently acknowledged that my abuse has had a way more impact on my adult life than I had ever cared to admit.  My main abuser was my adoptive father (man who raised me) but also suffered emotional abuse and neglect from my adoptive mother (biological aunt).  My wife is encouraging me to seek support now.  I have tried therapy a couple of times, diagnosed with an anxiety issue and PTSD, but it never went very far.  I have never been able to truly connect with my therapist because I don’t trust that they will really get me. I couldn’t believe how emotional I’ve been since deciding to connect through here.  We’ll wish me luck.

Hello! I am Wanna :flowers:

A bit late here, just was came back from vacay. 

It sounds like you had to carry an anonymous burden all too long. I am sorry therapy has not worked out for you. It's not easy to know what to do and when, and your trust issues are very understandable.

It sounds like you have been through hell and back, but please know you are not alone. There are people who can relate, and this is a safe place. 

Healing is a rocky road, and sometimes we think we are trapped in a loop rather than moving forward. With time, you'll experience stabilization and balances. But that can only happen if we heal actively, hence I am happy you decided to come here. You deserve to be better, you deserve to sense a community. :aswelcomesu:

You can DM me any time, I'm happy to help! 

All best, 

W ☀️

Welcome @Taj to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.   

Edited by 8888
typo