New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Hey There, and Howdy...

Hi! My name is Sunny! I'm a 36 year old childfree woman married to the love of my life for almost 15 years now. I'm a huge nerd and I love most entertainment media, especially things that have romance. I'm an aspiring author of original fiction and I have fanfiction projects in the works that are my pride and joy. I have what I like to call my 'alphabets' which are ADHD, CPTSD, OCD, and all the messy bits that go with that particular cocktail. I've been in therapy since I was seven and I'm fairly well-versed in psychology as well as cultural anthropology. My special interest is Beauty and the Beast lore, history, and interpretations and I'm always happy to talk about it. I also get a kick out of divination methods like tarot, cartomancy, tasseomancy, Lenormand, and the like. I frequently play video games with special focus on JRPGs, farming sims, and otome games. Anime, manga, cartoons, comics, and novels are my favorite form of escape from reality and I love giving recommendations so if you need your next entertainment fix feel free to ask! I have chronic back pain due to lower spine scoliosis and I'm most likely beginning to manifest Fibromyalgia. I deal with thyroid disease and sleep apnea as well so pretty much falling apart at the seams (I kid, I kid). I am proudly queer and identify as panromantic demi-asexual but I am married to a straight man and our relationship is romantically monogamous. I'm in the process of applying for a PTSD service dog and I have a few precious pet already in the form of an elderly diabetic housecat, a middle-aged ferret with adrenal disease, an axolotl with jellyfish bioluminescence, and an umbrella cockatoo that just hit her first hormone season. I LOVE talking about my 'kids' so be careful if you don't want to hear me gush about them. I like to think I'm friendly, smart, funny, and I do my best to be kind to all. My values are based in the betterment of humanity and the environment through social justice, science, and conservation initiatives. Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Feel free to interact and thanks for having me!

Dear sunnyshark

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hi there, Sunny.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I'm sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you have found us. This community is filled with supportive and understanding members, you are not alone. 

It's amazing how many survivors have such a creative side. If you have looked about, perhaps you have seen we have a Creativity forum and a Silliness/Entertainment forum. Perhaps you would like to share in them, if you feel comfortable doing so. No pressure, just a suggestion. Everything around her is really at your own pace, so my best advice is look thru the forums and interact when and where you are ready.

I am glad you found us and decided to join. I wish you the best as you continue this path we call healing.

Mary

BTW...I love seeing Disney profile pics. You are bound to meet Finchy sooner or later (they are part of the staff here, too), and they usually has an Elsa photo. I also know there is a member with Dumbo and another (tho she hasn't been on in a while) has Merida. There may be others...but I love seeing such images about the forum. I'm glad yours will eventually be seen around, too. 🙂

:notalone:

Welcome Sunny. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. 

I love Beauty and the Beast. Belle is my favorite Disney princess. I'm also on the asexual spectrum. Sounds like you probably never have a dull moment at your house with all your fur babies (though an axolotl doesn't have fur 😅)  Pets bring such joy into our lives. 

Hello there, @SunnyShark! Nice to meet you! I see Mary mentioned me. :P I'm Finchy, my pronouns are they/them, I'm aro ace, and I also love video games! (Oh and Disney, duh.) My obvious favorite character being Elsa, but Rapunzel is a veeeeeeeery close second. :) At least for the Princesses...but overall Disney character? WInnie the Pooh! ❤️ You have a lot of similar interests to me! Though I haven't watched any anime or read any manga in some years now...but the video games, yes, they are my life. I also love jrpg's. Going by your favorite styles, have you played Rune Factory 5? I've been playing it for a while now, finally nearing the end of the main story. I'm also playing a bunch of other games...what are you playing now?

I'm sorry for what brought you here, but you are not alone. I wish you all the best on this healing journey. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Welcome @SunnyShark to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It seems like you have a lot of great interests.  I hope that these help you to cope.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.   

21 hours ago, missfrier said:

Hi everyone! Thank you for such a warm and compassionate welcome! It means a lot to find a community of people who understand. I love my support system I have IRL but unfortunately there are some things they will never 'GET' unless they experience something similar and I would never want that for them. I love seeing that there are people on here that have similar interests already! You can be sure I will be exploring and I will probably post in some advice forums as both advisor and advice-seeker once I get my sea legs here.

@MeBeMary I think something that can have a strong impact on prompting creativity is the desire or need for expression. Sadly, this typically from pain but then again what results can be so beautiful and healing not just for the creator but also for those that see their works.

@Finchy OH MY GOSH! How did you know the game I'm currently playing?! I originally had it on Switch but then bought the Steam release so I could use mods (Furniture placement that is attractive AND makes sense? Heck yeah!) I've played every Rune Factory game and the series only gets better but it is a lot for newbies to the franchise since there are so many mechanics. I've had to do a lot of guiding my friends who just picked up the most recent entry. Do you think you're going to go with a marriage candidate? I always do multi-saves and marry every character I like XD. If you'd like to talk 'shop' on games or get anime/manga recs that might fit your tastes feel free to message!

23 hours ago, SunnyShark said:

Hi! My name is Sunny! I'm a 36 year old childfree woman married to the love of my life for almost 15 years now. I'm a huge nerd and I love most entertainment media, especially things that have romance. I'm an aspiring author of original fiction and I have fanfiction projects in the works that are my pride and joy. I have what I like to call my 'alphabets' which are ADHD, CPTSD, OCD, and all the messy bits that go with that particular cocktail. I've been in therapy since I was seven and I'm fairly well-versed in psychology as well as cultural anthropology. My special interest is Beauty and the Beast lore, history, and interpretations and I'm always happy to talk about it. I also get a kick out of divination methods like tarot, cartomancy, tasseomancy, Lenormand, and the like. I frequently play video games with special focus on JRPGs, farming sims, and otome games. Anime, manga, cartoons, comics, and novels are my favorite form of escape from reality and I love giving recommendations so if you need your next entertainment fix feel free to ask! I have chronic back pain due to lower spine scoliosis and I'm most likely beginning to manifest Fibromyalgia. I deal with thyroid disease and sleep apnea as well so pretty much falling apart at the seams (I kid, I kid). I am proudly queer and identify as panromantic demi-asexual but I am married to a straight man and our relationship is romantically monogamous. I'm in the process of applying for a PTSD service dog and I have a few precious pet already in the form of an elderly diabetic housecat, a middle-aged ferret with adrenal disease, an axolotl with jellyfish bioluminescence, and an umbrella cockatoo that just hit her first hormone season. I LOVE talking about my 'kids' so be careful if you don't want to hear me gush about them. I like to think I'm friendly, smart, funny, and I do my best to be kind to all. My values are based in the betterment of humanity and the environment through social justice, science, and conservation initiatives. Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Feel free to interact and thanks for having me!

Hello and welcome, I am Wanna :flowers:

You sound like a creative person with a lot of energy, and I am excited to have you here! You can post pics of your furbabies any time. I have a lot of respect for furparents. My best friend has a 9 month old Australian terrier, and I adore how she invests time and energy to raise that dog right. 

Anyhow, this is a safe place for any survivor to share (as much as they want), connect with fellow survivors and exchange advice. You can talk openly about your "alphabets", about therapy and anything going on in your life. We have a forum called Healing Through Creativity, I think you might like it. 

I am sorry for the reasons you need therapy and a support group, but I am very proud of you for taking these steps. You are an inspiration for doing that. 

Sending you lots of sunshine! Stay safe :notalone:

W ☀️

@SunnyShark I do understand that many times creativity stems from pain. Often times the greatest words, the greatest art, and the greatest music come from that dark, painful place. There is a positive to it tho. It often lets out some of these things we hold on to. In a sense, it can be very therapeutic. I hope you find much of what you create therapeutic.