Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey

Hi everyone,

I’m new here, in fact I’m pretty new to this whole healing process. It’s all very daunting but I’ve taken some pretty big steps this year, and I’m looking forward to hopefully being able to talk to people who might understand

Thanks

PS…it’s ridiculous how long it’s taking me to push the submit button…nervous..

Hi @Rose-T Welcome and congratulations on taking some big steps on the healing journey, I think you will find many people around here who can relate to how daunting that can feel, I know I do.   

We are all here to listen to and support one another, I personally have found this forum to be a very healing place, I hope you do as well.  

Welcome, I know how difficult and daunting this is, been there done that. Feel free to take your time, read the entry forums and relax, we're rather welcoming here.

Hi there, Rose-T and welcome.

I am very sorry you have reasons to be here and are struggling with the aftermath of those things. No one had a right to hurt you. You have found a very supportive site with so many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

You are trying something new, and that takes courage! I know that first step is not easy (I remember!) and I applaud that courage. Everything tho, is one step at a time and it's very ok to take your time. Feel free to look around, reply, or post at your own pace. It does get easier you find your footing. 

I am very glad that you have found us and found your brave self pushing that submit button. It is your first step of what I hope will be many as you begin your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome @Rose-T to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  Also I’m really glad you were able to hit the submit button.  

Dear roset

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome to AS, Rose-T! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm sorry for what you've been through, though...but you are in the right place. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. ❤️ I'm glad you pressed the submit button!! Take care.

-Finchy

On 7/28/2022 at 11:09 PM, Rose-T said:

Hi everyone,

I’m new here, in fact I’m pretty new to this whole healing process. It’s all very daunting but I’ve taken some pretty big steps this year, and I’m looking forward to hopefully being able to talk to people who might understand

Thanks

PS…it’s ridiculous how long it’s taking me to push the submit button…nervous..

Hello Rose-T and welcome on board! I am Wanna by the way, nice to meet you :flowers:

Don´t worry, being nervous is normal, you are after all making a big decision for yourself. After Silence is a warm community with kind members, and we look out for each other here. You can talk about past, present and the future. About the good and bad, and anything inbetween. This platform provides a safe place to have a sense of extra support, whenever it suits you. 

No pressure on answering fast, or signing in frequently. You pick your own pace. 

I am sincerely sorry for what you´ve experienced and wish you the best of luck. A healing journey always has ups and downs, but you CAN heal :notalone:

Sending you sunshine

/W ☀️

14 hours ago, Rose-T said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I’m glad I’m here 

Happy you´re here too! Take gentle care, we are here whenever you want us/need us to be :)