Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hello there~~~

I've been floating around this forum for some months now, but I finally grew the courage to post. I can't promise regular site visits, but I'm happy that I found the forum all the same. Having the opportunity to bounce my thoughts off of other survivors is a large blessing and a big help as I continue to work through my healing. It is unfortunate that we are in this position, but it is nice to have each other. 

Hello anakim, 

Welcome to AfterSilence...even if you were floating for a while. Sometimes it's easier if you put your toe in the water before jumping right in. I'm glad you decided you could now post. Your trauma and your struggles were unjustifiable, but you have found a very supportive community with so many understanding and kind members. We are here for you, when you need it. 

You worded it perfectly...it is unfortunate that we are in this position, but it is so nice to not be alone. I am glad you found us and decided to join.

Continue looking around and jump in when and where you feel comfortable doing so. I wish you the very best as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to AS, @anakim! I'm glad you made your way here and decided to post. :) It takes a lot of courage to do that in a new place. It can be scary! But you did it...and it is one of your first steps towards healing. Or at least, extra healing. You'll find a lot of very supportive people here. You're not alone. ❤️ I'm so sorry for what you've been through, but again, I'm proud of you for starting to heal. Best wishes to you.

-Finch

Dear anakim

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome @anakim, I commend you on such a courageous step. Your story is a powerful tool of healing for our community and vice versa. Take your time and share when you're comfortable. I'm sorry for what you've been through but you're safe now. Thanks for choosing AS!

Hello @anakim and welcome here! I am Wanna btw :flowers:

No worries, you decide how often you´d like to sign in. We are here for you any time, so you can feel the sense of a community unconditionally. This is a safe place where you can share experiences, thoughts and feelings. You can vent, discuss and connect with fellow survivors. I hope you are safe and well, and despite trauma processing get to enjoy the summer a bit. 

Yes, the reasons that brought us here are indeed unfortunate. But we are stronger together, and that is beautiful :notalone:

Wishing you the very best, 

W ☀️