Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I signed up for this forum hoping to make friends, and be a friend.

I'd like to learn more about good coping strategies, support and perhaps be supported.

I hope this is ok for now, I'm still a bit nervous

Edited by Tangerine_VVV
typo

Hi Tangerine,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what brought you here but do know you have found a very supportive community. You are not alone. You will find many supportive and understanding members who you will be able to relate to, and they to you. 

It's also ok to be nervous and take your time. There is no pressure to share or interact before you are ready and comfortable. We all have different speeds and different ways we like to interact. Just know that it will get more comfortable with time. 

Feel free to look around until you get that footing you need. We will be here when you are ready. I wish you nothing but the best as you begin moving down this path that we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to AS, @Tangerine_VVV! I'm glad you found your way here. :) You've come to the right place to make friends and to be a friend (I love how you worded that). I'm sorry for what you've been through...it was undeserved and not your fault. But you are in a great community now, one that provides a lot of support and can teach you what you wanna learn. ❤️ Take your time exploring. I wish you all the best. You're not alone!

-Finch

Hi @Tangerine_VVV. Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to support each other and help each other heal. You can take all the time you need exploring and looking around the site. You are welcome to post and share on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Welcome @Tangerine_VVV to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  

Wow,

Hello all, I didn’t expect such a welcome. I was so nervous yesterday, so it feels a bit unreal. Thank you so much all!

@MeBeMary thank so much for your message. It’s so nice that I can take it at my own pace. It feels a bit better with no pressure and when someone else like you type that. One day at a time, I really like that. I wish you all the best too, and I hope your day is ok

@mini.finch hey thank you for the welcome and for encouragement. I hope I worded things ok, I didn’t really know how to intro. I wish you all the best too, and I hope you are having an ok day. I like your icon.

@snmls hey I appreciate your time and saying hello. I hope you are having a good or an okay day, and that things are somewhat ok on your end. "Braver than she believes", I love that in your profile. Thank you for understanding!

@8888 Thank you for saying hello, and encouraging for support. I hope I can support other people too; this feels overwhelming (but in a good way). I will message if there any questions. I hope your day is ok. Thank you for saying it wasn't my fault. 

@Jason92 Thank you for saying hello and welcome home. That’s nice. I hope for peace and healing, and I hope others find peace and healing too. Thank you, I will reach out if ok. I hope your day is going all right or somewhat ok!

I like your intro. Short and sweet but still says quite a bit. :) 

I’ll be your friend. I’ll add you to my follow list right now. You’ll find it’s pretty easy to make friends here. We all have the same goal after all. We all want to make friends with other people who won judge us. :supportu:

I was nervous when I was new. I think we all were. Don’t worry. I think you’ll fit in just fine. :aswelcomesu:

On 6/14/2022 at 7:34 AM, Tangerine_VVV said:

Hi everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I signed up for this forum hoping to make friends, and be a friend.

I'd like to learn more about good coping strategies, support and perhaps be supported.

I hope this is ok for now, I'm still a bit nervous

Hello and welcome here! I am Wanna btw   :flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and the pain that comes with. This is a good place to explore different coping strategies, we discuss many different techniques. We also talk a lot about therapy and creating a support system. You choose how much you' like to share, we are here for you! 

Of course you'll be supported, that is what we are here for. :notalone: You can throw me a PM at any time, for questions, thoughts or just some chat/venting. 

Hope you're having a lovely day/night

- W ☀️

@SociallyAwkward Thank you so much – it’s a relief how people felt the same and it’s nice to get some encouragement. I’m still learning how the forum works so please bear with haha. I totally agree, it would be nice to make friends with people who won’t judge us. The outside world can get a tad too much. Thank you for saying I'll fit in -- I hope you’re having a good day or night 🌞🌙

@WannaMoveOn Thank you for such a sweet message. It’s really good to know I’m not alone. Creating a support system is so important, and also learning new coping strategies and techniques.  It makes me happy that I can send you a message though I’ll still be mindful as not to overwhelm. I appreciate your welcome! I hope you are having a lovely day or night yourself 🌞🌙

1 hour ago, Tangerine_VVV said:

@SociallyAwkward Thank you so much – it’s a relief how people felt the same and it’s nice to get some encouragement. I’m still learning how the forum works so please bear with haha. I totally agree, it would be nice to make friends with people who won’t judge us. The outside world can get a tad too much. Thank you for saying I'll fit in -- I hope you’re having a good day or night 🌞🌙

@WannaMoveOn Thank you for such a sweet message. It’s really good to know I’m not alone. Creating a support system is so important, and also learning new coping strategies and techniques.  It makes me happy that I can send you a message though I’ll still be mindful as not to overwhelm. I appreciate your welcome! I hope you are having a lovely day or night yourself 🌞🌙

Oh, no problems at all! Always happy to help a newbie out :) 

Dear tangerine

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

@missfrier thank you for that nice welcome, i am glad that people are caring and supportive here, and thank you kindly for saying you're proud of me reaching out.  i hope you are doing well yourself, and thank you for writing a welcome message, i hope you are doing good/okay-ish yourself, i appreciate you being here 🌟