Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I've been searching for some type of support for my CPTSD for months and I'm really hoping to find it here. I thought I had been making major breakthroughs and then I was triggered into a major meltdown by my current therapist. I really just need other people to bounce off of. 

Welcome to AS @Marabee! Nice to meet you. I'm glad you found your way here. :) You will find other very supportive people that can relate to you with CPTSD (I also have been diagnosed with it). I'm sorry that you have reason to be here, but again, I'm glad you found us. It's a shame that you were triggered into such a meltdown, and by your therapist no less! I'm so sorry. :( Sending you lots of support and safe hugs if ok.

There is a Therapy section of the forum if you want to post about what happened with your T (short for therapist). Or there are several other sections you could seek support in...like Gathering Place or Aftermath (for more graphic details).

Sitting with you and wishing you the best. ❤️ 

-Finch

Hello Marabee and welcome.

I am very sorry for the experiences you’ve been thru and the struggles you face. None of it is fair, but you will find tons of support here. This is a community filled with understanding members. You are not alone.

Feel free to look around the site and jump in when you are ready. We are all here for you.,

Wishing you the best on this journey forward.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi @Marabee and welcome, I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with someone who suppose to be trusting. I'm glad you found us; a community just like you. Take your time looking around and share when you're comfortable. There's no pressure...again welcome.

Welcome @Marabee to AfterSilence!  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  

Therapy can be really really......REALLY hard. It helps to have a good therapist/councilor. Do you feel you are connecting well with this therapist?..... you don’t have to answer that. Just maybe something to think about.

welcome  :aswelcomesu:

On 6/8/2022 at 4:26 AM, Marabee said:

I've been searching for some type of support for my CPTSD for months and I'm really hoping to find it here. I thought I had been making major breakthroughs and then I was triggered into a major meltdown by my current therapist. I really just need other people to bounce off of. 

Hello, welcome to AS! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am sincerely sorry about your trauma and all that comes with. Please know, you are not alone. Healing is a bumpy ride. I myself have plenty of experience with feeling like I am finally done, leaving therapy behind, and then something new comes up. It doesn't have to mean we are spinning in circles, but rather have a journey of ups and downs. After Silence is here to support you at any point of your healing. 

We have members here who are open about their CPTSD. You decide how much you'd like to share about that and anything else. This is a safe place. 

Please let me know, if I can be at any help. You can message me any time! :aswelcomesu:

All best, 

W ☀️