Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello everyone. I am new here. I don’t really know what to say. I’m 21 years old. I’m a senior in college. I want to heal and get better and move on with my life. I was supposed to start a new job today and when I woke up extra early this morning I psyched myself out because I wasn’t familiar with the drive or the job and the commute was long and I didn’t think I’d be good at it so I didn’t go. I wanted to go but I just couldn’t. I wish I did. Anyways I’ve been looking for support groups (I prefer in person) but then I found this and thought that it was a good place to start. Thanks for reading. 

Welcome to the group Clayton I hope you'll enjoy your time here and take your time to acclimate yourself to this environment. Everyone here supports one another and encourages one another to get better at things. I understand the anxiety of psyching yourself out of something, did you call the place to apologize? Can you still show up? If so, maybe you'll have a better time than you thought.

Welcome to AS Clayton.  Everyone here is really supportive.  Take your time looking round the forums.  I hope things work out for you with the job.  Whatever happens try not to stress over it.  That only makes things worse.  Sending you safe hugs,

Forest x

Welcome to AS, @Clayton! Nice to meet you. I'm glad you found your way here. I'm sorry for what's brought you here, though. It was undeserved and not your fault. As for your job, I'm sorry it psyched you out so much. I have a feeling I would do the same if I were in your position honestly. I am not used to going very far away, and I haven't had a new job in years and years. So yeah...anyhoo, I hope that it works out. Hopefully you can call them up and let them know that you'll be coming in tomorrow (or whenever you work next)? Wishing you all the best. ❤️ Take your time exploring the site.

-Finch

Welcome @Clayton to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  That stinks you didn't get to your new job.  I hope the right job will come along and that you have an easier time getting there.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome :aswelcomesu:

I’ve heard that it can be tough finding an in person support group. Not many available, and the ones that exist usually don’t have many people. I could be wrong. In fact I really hope I am. Personally I am not good with in person groups...... or in person anything. Period. Forums work better for someone like me.

On 6/7/2022 at 5:34 PM, Clayton said:

Hello everyone. I am new here. I don’t really know what to say. I’m 21 years old. I’m a senior in college. I want to heal and get better and move on with my life. I was supposed to start a new job today and when I woke up extra early this morning I psyched myself out because I wasn’t familiar with the drive or the job and the commute was long and I didn’t think I’d be good at it so I didn’t go. I wanted to go but I just couldn’t. I wish I did. Anyways I’ve been looking for support groups (I prefer in person) but then I found this and thought that it was a good place to start. Thanks for reading. 

Hello and welcome here! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am sorry about the job. Anxiety sure can make one overthink to the point of being too exhausted, or stressed, to do anything. Graduating college sounds like a fresh start. I am 22 and a university drop out. I am fully planning to go back, but for now I am only working. 

Anyhow, I am glad you signed up here. This is a warm community, where you can talk about pretty much anything. Everyone has a different story, a different journey, but we tend to relate to each other. :notalone:

Let me know if I can be at any help, I am just one PM away. 

Wishing you a best day, 

W ☀️