Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hiiii people

Well, I don't really know what to say.

I'm a 30yo and joined this place to give support to my partner, who is a survivor, as second survivor. I myself am a survivor as well, but I don't have the need for help or to be heard at all. I do well on my own. Although this place seems chill. I hope I get to have some interesting conversations at some point.

Also I like dogs and yelling at videogames when I'm bad at them.

👀

6 minutes ago, agentukelele said:

Well, I don't really know what to say.

I'm a 30yo and joined this place to give support to my partner, who is a survivor, as second survivor. I myself am a survivor as well, but I don't have the need for help or to be heard at all. I do well on my own. Although this place seems chill. I hope I get to have some interesting conversations at some point.

Also I like dogs and yelling at videogames when I'm bad at them.

👀

Hello and welcome here! I am Wanna :flowers:

Your name made me smile. Is that a character from somewhere or a product of your own creativity? I am happy you came here, I hope this will help both you and your partner. Standing by somebody who is hurting is not always easy, despite how much we love them. Finding some support for yourself is important. Connecting with survivors and secondary survivors can give you great input, advice and perspective. 

I am sorry on behalf of you and your loved one. Joining here is very brave and emphatic of you. :aswelcomesu:

You decide how much you want to share. After Silence is here to help. Feel free to PM me or any staff whether you'd have questions, thoughts or just need some company. 

All best to you both, 

W ☀️

Hi agentukelele and welcome. 

It is nice you are supporting your partner. Many survivors don't have this type of support. It is likely you understand a bit more than most, which is a little sad, but lucky for your partner. I am glad you are doing well yourself and hoping that you can continue to progress as you have been. 

Wishing you both the best. 

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS, @agentukelele! I'm glad you found your way here. :) It's awesome you're here to help support your partner. They are very lucky to have you.

Your interests align with mine lol...dogs and yelling at video games when I'm bad at them! :lol: Dogs are the best (no offense to cat people)...I have one, and she's a sweetheart. As for video games, I play too many to list. :P But I find myself yelling at them here and there for sure hehe.

Best wishes to you. Take care!

-Finch

Hello  agentukele

Welcome to  AS.   I am sorry to hear that you've had to find us, but  glad you did.  I am sad to hear that someone you care about has experienced trauma.  It is always wonderful to see someone willing and wanting to help their family member or friend through this   difficult time.   Just being there for them and letting  them talk without fear of judgement is the absolute best gift you can give them.  Please know and understand that we are also here to support you.  I hope that being here will help you to be able to support your loved one as best as you possibly can.  Please lean on us for support if you need.  

Wishing you all the best!!!

missfrier

Welcome @agentukelele!  I’m so happy to hear you are supporting your partner, though I am sorry to hear they were abused.  I like dogs too!  I hope you find being here to be beneficial.  Feel free to message me if you have any questions.  

On 6/4/2022 at 3:56 PM, WannaMoveOn said:

Hello and welcome here! I am Wanna :flowers:

Your name made me smile. Is that a character from somewhere or a product of your own creativity? I am happy you came here, I hope this will help both you and your partner. Standing by somebody who is hurting is not always easy, despite how much we love them. Finding some support for yourself is important. Connecting with survivors and secondary survivors can give you great input, advice and perspective. 

I am sorry on behalf of you and your loved one. Joining here is very brave and emphatic of you. :aswelcomesu:

You decide how much you want to share. After Silence is here to help. Feel free to PM me or any staff whether you'd have questions, thoughts or just need some company. 

All best to you both, 

W ☀️

I stole the name from this thing called SCP Foundation because the character is funny and insane heheh-- well, and thank you for the welcome message! I'm sure this place will bring a positive insight for both my partner and myself.

😌

2 hours ago, agentukelele said:

I stole the name from this thing called SCP Foundation because the character is funny and insane heheh-- well, and thank you for the welcome message! I'm sure this place will bring a positive insight for both my partner and myself.

😌

Hope to see you around then. I am just a PM away if you would have any questions. :) 

Edited by WannaMoveOn
On 6/6/2022 at 11:38 AM, whitetempest said:

tumblr_9fc12cc967316f98f8e7dd4a41221a80_3d0e227f_250.png

On 6/6/2022 at 11:38 AM, agentukelele said:

Bark bark bark bark bark

You guys are hilarious. I wonder if secondary survivors can access the forum games? I’ll bet you both would have some great responses.