Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm new here and very much a lurker for now. I've been looking at this forum for a while as it looks somewhat active and like a good option for someone like me. I was encouraged to make an account and try to open up here where it's safe to do so. Hi. I'm tempest and I have not enough words. Does anyone else struggle with words? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Or where to even begin. I hope we can get along, I simply need a place to vent and find positives in my life I suppose. I also missed the old internet so this site is a relief. REALLY wish it had dark mode though, I can't look at this for long.

Hello @whitetempest, and welcome to After Silence. :)

Many struggle with words, but hopefully, as you become more comfortable with interacting within our community, the words will eventually flow.  It will take some time and patience, but they'll come. Anyway - you are not alone and you are among friends.  I hope being here brings you peace, comfort and healing.

By the way, we do have a dark mode. :)  If you scroll down to the very bottom of the forums page, there should be the word 'themes.'  Locate that word and hit the drop-down arrow next to it.  It will give you three options, one of them being a dark option.  It isn't as bright, but it should be a little easier on the eyes.

You should soon hear from a member of our Newbie Support Team with some helpful links.  Until then, I am just a holler away if you have any questions.

Wishing you all the best!  Again, welcome.

- Cap

@Capulet Oh thank kippies you're right. I can finally see! It's just as dark as I needed it to be too 🙂

And yes, hopefully I'll manage to find a way to acclimate to this new forum, it's been a long time so I definitely need to get used to this again. The whole subject matter is also delicate so it's definitely a little by little thing. And thank you, directions are very appreciated.

Welcome to AS, @whitetempest! I'm glad you found your way here. :) I see Cap helped you find the Dark Mode, which is good. I'm sorry for whatever has brought you here...it was undeserved and not your fault, but now that you've found this community, I hope that you find comfort and healing. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this forum! You're not alone. ❤️ Struggling with words is a common thing, especially for someone who's new somewhere...so don't worry about it. Your intro was just fine. Take your time exploring the site, and I will be sending you a PM soon with some helpful links. Best wishes to you!

-Finch

Welcome to AS :aswelcomesu:. It’s a really great forum with awesome supportive people :loveas:

I sometimes struggle with words.....actually it happens a lot. It will all come more natural as you write more, talk more, journal more, post more...... eventually over time finding the right words won’t always seem so difficult. It just takes

I went through the same things. I wasn’t even sure if I was in the right place. i’m sure we will get along just fine. :) 

14 hours ago, SociallyAwkward said:

Welcome to AS :aswelcomesu:. It’s a really great forum with awesome supportive people :loveas:

I sometimes struggle with words.....actually it happens a lot. It will all come more natural as you write more, talk more, journal more, post more...... eventually over time finding the right words won’t always seem so difficult. It just takes

I went through the same things. I wasn’t even sure if I was in the right place. i’m sure we will get along just fine. :) 

Thank you! It is definitely a struggle and I don't even know where to begin but acclimating should help haha...

Hello whitetempest,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry of what brings you here, it was unfair and undeserved. You have found a community that has so many understanding and kind people. You are not alone. 

It is ok to lurk all you want. Comfort comes with time so don't worry about going at a pace that is good for you. I was a lot like that when I found my way here. I started slow, looked around and just said hello to all the other new members. Eventually that comfort came for me and I'm sure it will for you. 

I am glad you have found us and decided to reach out. I wish you well as you continue moving forward on the path of healing. 

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome @whitetempest, take your time getting comfortable. You don't have to talk, only, when you want too. Your story is valuable and have healing power. That's who we are, a community of survivors who have the power to heal through our stories. Indeed, you'll come to know, that we're unique in that way.❇️❇️❇️

Edited by S_Sundance
16 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hello whitetempest,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry of what brings you here, it was unfair and undeserved. You have found a community that has so many understanding and kind people. You are not alone. 

It is ok to lurk all you want. Comfort comes with time so don't worry about going at a pace that is good for you. I was a lot like that when I found my way here. I started slow, looked around and just said hello to all the other new members. Eventually that comfort came for me and I'm sure it will for you. 

I am glad you have found us and decided to reach out. I wish you well as you continue moving forward on the path of healing. 

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thank you, lurking is definitely what I've been doing hahah. It's getting better, maybe I'll try to participate here and there for the sake of not falling off the edge but I'm definitely kinda nervous. Thank you again, I hope this is what I needed.

15 hours ago, S_Sundance said:

Welcome @whitetempest, take your time getting comfortable. You don't have to talk, only, when you want too. Your story is valuable and have healing power. That's who we are, a community of survivors who have the power to heal through our stories. Indeed, you'll come to know, that we're unique in that way.❇️❇️❇️

I hope unique means in a good way! Lol. I understand, but thank you for the encouragement, there's definitely something calming about being around people like me. Thank you.

Just now, PearlofMary said:

@whitetempest Welcome.  I'm not staff, just a friend if you ever need someone to talk to.  I'm sorry for the things that brought you here, but welcome. I hope you find hope, friends and above all peace in your heart.-POM

Thank you 🙂  I appreciate your offer and though I don't do DM's I might take you up on it on-forum when I post my story, haha. I've decided I can do that. I think.

On 5/31/2022 at 6:42 AM, whitetempest said:

I'm new here and very much a lurker for now. I've been looking at this forum for a while as it looks somewhat active and like a good option for someone like me. I was encouraged to make an account and try to open up here where it's safe to do so. Hi. I'm tempest and I have not enough words. Does anyone else struggle with words? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Or where to even begin. I hope we can get along, I simply need a place to vent and find positives in my life I suppose. I also missed the old internet so this site is a relief. REALLY wish it had dark mode though, I can't look at this for long.

Hello and welcome here! I am Wanna :flowers:

I never experienced the "old internet", but this site has been around since 2004 and pretty much remained the same I think. Can you turn down the light on your screen, maybe that could help if the theme is too bright? I am sure we will get along just fine. I am happy you decided to join in here.

After Silence invites survivors to participate on their own terms. You pick the pace and amount you'd like to share.

Oh, I hardly struggle with words, I am such a talker 😆 But don't worry, you can just write like yourself, no need for fancy formal lingo here. :aswelcomesu:

Please let me or any staff know if we can be at any help, or just keep you some company. Just one PM away, any time. 

All best, W ☀️

9 minutes ago, WannaMoveOn said:

Hello and welcome here! I am Wanna :flowers:

I never experienced the "old internet", but this site has been around since 2004 and pretty much remained the same I think. Can you turn down the light on your screen, maybe that could help if the theme is too bright? I am sure we will get along just fine. I am happy you decided to join in here.

After Silence invites survivors to participate on their own terms. You pick the pace and amount you'd like to share.

Oh, I hardly struggle with words, I am such a talker 😆 But don't worry, you can just write like yourself, no need for fancy formal lingo here. :aswelcomesu:

Please let me or any staff know if we can be at any help, or just keep you some company. Just one PM away, any time. 

All best, W ☀️

Thank you! I already found a way to make the site dark mode thankfully. And you're right, little by little I've managed to let myself talk. I've posted a bit of my own story and I'm dealing with my struggles with words right now to the best of my ability.

1 minute ago, whitetempest said:

Thank you! I already found a way to make the site dark mode thankfully. And you're right, little by little I've managed to let myself talk. I've posted a bit of my own story and I'm dealing with my struggles with words right now to the best of my ability.

We've already talked a bit, but I figured I could still welcome you properly, so you know I've read your intro. 

No pressure, this site is here to offer you support. :) 

Welcome @whitetempest to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

dear Whitempest

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.