Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello :)

Hello!

This is the first time in my life that I am properly seeking support for prolongued child sexual abuse. I am 37 and a licensed therapist. I help people all day long with trauma and have seriosly neglected mine. I got a PTSD diagnosis 6 years ago and never followed up. Everything has been coming back to me in the last couple of weeks and I can no longer ignore it. Holding this secret is starting to take a toll on my physical health. This clarity is giving me both a sense of relief (that I'm not crazy), and massive grief. I'm grateful that I found this support. 

Hello @klorraine and welcome to After Silence!

I'm sorry to learn of the circumstances that have led you to our community, but do sincerely hope that this is a successful first step toward healing.  It is highly common for survivors (especially those in the helping profession) to focus on helping others to heal and neglect our own well-being.  Been there, done that!  (I'm a social worker.)

Hoping that being here brings you peace, comfort and healing.  You are not alone.

You'll soon hear from a member of the Newbie Support Team with some helpful links and tips on site navigation.  Until then, I am just a holler away if you need anything. 

Best wishes to you, and again - welcome. 

- Cap

Hi there klorraine and welcome.

I am very sorry for all you've been thru; it was unfair and undeserved. You have found a very supportive site tho, with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

I'm sorry struggles have been finding you more recently, but glad you decided to reach out. I know how difficult it is to hold everything in. I did it for decades. It was a relief to find this community and others who know the struggles I've gone thru. I am sure you will find the same.

Take your time and look around. Jump in where and when it feels comfortable to you. I wish you many steps forward on your continued journey in healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome to AS, klorraine. ❤️ I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced, though. It was undeserved and not your fault. I think many of us here can relate to having PTSD, unfortunately...it's really frustrating and hard to deal with. I'm sorry that you can relate and struggle with it. You really can't keep it inside and ignore it...it just gets worse! Sending you lots of healing vibes and well wishes. ❤️ I hope that being here on AS will help you with handling your trauma. You're not alone. :) You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. Best wishes!

-Finch

On 5/25/2022 at 8:05 AM, klorraine said:

Hello!

This is the first time in my life that I am properly seeking support for prolongued child sexual abuse. I am 37 and a licensed therapist. I help people all day long with trauma and have seriosly neglected mine. I got a PTSD diagnosis 6 years ago and never followed up. Everything has been coming back to me in the last couple of weeks and I can no longer ignore it. Holding this secret is starting to take a toll on my physical health. This clarity is giving me both a sense of relief (that I'm not crazy), and massive grief. I'm grateful that I found this support. 

Hello and welcome here! 

I am Wanna :flowers:

Every journey is different, which you probably know from work experience. Why our brain chooses to shower us with memories, or forcing reactions on trauma at a certain time, is a mystery. We can only respect that our healing will choose it's own pace, we can just tag along. Whatever is next, this community is here for you. 

After Silence offers a safe place for survivors, where you choose how much you want to share. By learning about other's experiences, we understand that we are not alone. You are not crazy, and grieving is a healthy reaction. Allow your emotions. 

If you would have any questions, need support or have anything on your mind, feel free to throw a PM. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. :youcanheal:

All best, W ☀️

Edited by WannaMoveOn

Welcome @klorraine to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.