Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone, 

I am a survivor of a sexual assault/ Molestation, not sure of what to call it, that I have been living with for the past 20 some years. I've come to this website to find others who are also survivors and start my road to recovery from the assault. I am an open book about it and willing to tell my story if it helps others who are going through the same thing. 

Hi there, Campingalone,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you've gone thru and the struggles you face. It is unfair for anyone to abuse another and it was quite undeserved. You have found a supportive site with many understanding members.

Take your time and look around. Interact where you feel the most comfortable. I wish you well on this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:  

Welcome to AS, Campingalone! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry though for what you've been through. It's completely unfair and not right...I just want to let you know that what you experienced was not your fault and totally undeserved. You will find others here that can relate to you...and a lot of very supportive and friendly people. You're not alone. Sending you support and comfort. ❤️ 

-Finch

Dear campingalone

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome @Campingalone484 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

@Campingalone484 so sorry that you have a reason to be here, but I'm glad you found your way over. I've been on AS only briefly but for the first time in my life I've found a place where I understand people, and I feel like (even if I don't talk much) people understand me. I hope your time here helps your road to recovery, and if/when you feel comfortable sharing your story, I'm sure it'll help at least one person feel a little less alone. Welcome ❤️ 

Welcome @Campingalone484, I'm glad you found AS. We're here for each other and eager to heal with you in unison. Take your time getting comfortable and share when you're ready. This is a safe space and I commend your courage. Thanks, for choosing AS to share your story!

On 5/13/2022 at 3:34 AM, Campingalone484 said:

Hello Everyone, 

I am a survivor of a sexual assault/ Molestation, not sure of what to call it, that I have been living with for the past 20 some years. I've come to this website to find others who are also survivors and start my road to recovery from the assault. I am an open book about it and willing to tell my story if it helps others who are going through the same thing. 

Hello and welcome here! I am Wanna :flowers:

That is a very beautiful thing, wanting to share your story in order to help others. You are much welcomed to do so, but no pressure at all. You participate in the way that brings you the most comfort. 

We don't always have to label it, knowing it was not consensual and traumatic says much. Sounds like you've come to the right place. It is never too late to start healing, and it will take it's own time. But we are here for every step of the way, every up and down. 

Have a look around, settle in at your own pace. If you would need anything at all, me and the other staff are here for you :aswelcomesu:

All best, 

W ☀️

I wasn’t exactly sure how to classify what happened to me as a kid either.

but if your here I’m guessing it’s not something pleasant, so try not to be too hard on yourself. Especially when your trying to heal old wounds. 

welcome to AfterSilence :aswelcomesu: