Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello from Middle America

Jara

I joined this site about 2 weeks ago and am just now having the courage to post. I had another memory of abuse today and I haven't told anyone about it ever. I am tired of keeping things inside and have been attending a support group for survivors. Went to a concert last night and realized how much music has been a part of my therapy and I haven't really been listening lately. I want to get back to myself, but it is a challenge right now. I take it one day at a time. I know I can change, it will take time. Trying to show myself grace and compassion and not be harsh with myself. I hate that I sleep with the television on. I can't stand the quiet. Thanks for listening. 

Hi Jara and welcome.

I am very sorry for the abuse you've been thru and the struggles you face. You have found a supportive community tho, with many understanding members. You are not alone. 

It is good that you are trying to show yourself grace and compassion. It is one of the most difficult things we can do...but it is so deserved. What happened to you was not your fault. Only those who hurt others are to blame. 

Feel free to look around the site and interact when and where you find it the most comfortable. You will be able to find many you can relate with and many who can relate to you. I'm glad you found your courage to reach out.

I wish you the best as you continue on this path we call healing. 

Mary

:notalone:

Dear jara

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome @Jara to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

On 4/25/2022 at 4:49 AM, Jara said:

I joined this site about 2 weeks ago and am just now having the courage to post. I had another memory of abuse today and I haven't told anyone about it ever. I am tired of keeping things inside and have been attending a support group for survivors. Went to a concert last night and realized how much music has been a part of my therapy and I haven't really been listening lately. I want to get back to myself, but it is a challenge right now. I take it one day at a time. I know I can change, it will take time. Trying to show myself grace and compassion and not be harsh with myself. I hate that I sleep with the television on. I can't stand the quiet. Thanks for listening. 

Hello Jara and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

Although I understand you're struggling, you seem to have reached some milestones. It seems like you understand the importance of sympathy towards yourself, and not try and rush the healing process. It will pick it's own pace, and meanwhile we can really just take it day by day. 

I am so proud of you to join here and post. It takes a lot, and you did it! 

After Silence is a safe place, where you get a chance to connect with fellow survivors and take part in other's stories. You may share in the pace and amount you feel comfortable with. 

I am sincerely sorry about your trauma. Please know we believe you, and it was not your fault. :notalone:

You can throw a PM with questions or thoughts to me or any staff member of choice. 

All best, 

W ☀️