Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I just got approved. Hello there umm I don't know how to do this and it's rather overwhelming. I won't go into to much detail. Thank you for accepting me here. I have been through abouse for over 30 years over my life. I thought I recently escaped it but it happened all over again and I'm in denial right now. All I can do is apologize to everyone including the abuser. I see nothing but good in others and refuse to see the bad and I repeatdly get hurt. It's hard to not say what did I do wrong?  Anyways thank you again for adding me and for allowing me to be here. I'm sorry if I said anything wrong.

Welcome to AS, @Chantilly - so sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here, but hope you will soon see that you are among friends and that you are now a part of a truly amazing community.  I hope that being here brings you peace, comfort and healing. 

You've done nothing at all wrong. I hope that this community will help you to validate that you are not responsible for the actions of others.  I know that's initially so hard to believe, but it is a truth I hope you will someday embrace. ❤️ 

You should be hearing from a member of our Newbie Support Team soon with some helpful information. :)  Until then, I am just a holler away if you need anything.

Best wishes,

- Cap

Hello and welcome to AS, @Chantilly. I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've been through...and for so long, too...but you are in a good place here. You're not alone. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this community. 

I have a feeling that you actually don't need to apologize to anyone, especially your abuser. The abuser is at fault, not you. You've done nothing wrong. 

Sending you lots of support and comfort. ❤️ Take care and take your time exploring the site.

-Finch

Hi there, Chantilly,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all that you've been thru and the struggles you face. It is not fair or deserved. You have found a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

Seeing good in others, in itself, is not a bad trait. Sadly tho, abusers tend to have like a third sense for those who have been hurt before. It is hard to find that balance of trusting and not trusting, I know. It would be so much easier if JERK was tattooed across these hurtful monsters' faces. This world would be a much better place. 

We do welcome you and encourage you to look around. Interact when and where you feel comfortable. I wish you well on this journey we call healing. 

Mary

:notalone:  

Hello there and welcome. You didn’t do anything wrong. No matter how hard that may be to believe, it’s the truth. I still struggle with it myself, many of us do. You are among friends. I too tend to always see the best in people. I hope you find comfort in knowing you are among people who understand and are here for you.

On 4/20/2022 at 3:27 AM, Chantilly said:

I just got approved. Hello there umm I don't know how to do this and it's rather overwhelming. I won't go into to much detail. Thank you for accepting me here. I have been through abouse for over 30 years over my life. I thought I recently escaped it but it happened all over again and I'm in denial right now. All I can do is apologize to everyone including the abuser. I see nothing but good in others and refuse to see the bad and I repeatdly get hurt. It's hard to not say what did I do wrong?  Anyways thank you again for adding me and for allowing me to be here. I'm sorry if I said anything wrong.

Hello and welcome! I am Wanna :flowers:

You did nothing wrong. This is were you introduce yourself, in the way you'd like. Not going into detail in this particular forum is wise, since this is a public forum that can be accessed by none members. You can see which of our forums that are members only or public :) 

Yes, it is easily happened. We often understand late when we've been taken advantage off and it is not always easy to spot red flags even after that. I'd say recovery is the answer. In recovery, we learn self respect, we learn boundaries and warning signs. Please know that we believe you, and that you are not at fault in this.  

How we recover is SO individually, as every person is unique and so is their story. It can be frustrating not to have a clear answer right away, but you will find ways to heal. Joining a community is a very important step, and I am so happy you chose this one! After Silence is a safe place for survivors to connect. You can share at your own pace, take part of other's stories and just hang out. This message board gives a lot of options to support. 

Have a look around, take your time to settle in. If you would need some support or would have questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any staff of choice. We've got you. 

:notalone:

Wishing you the very best, 

W ☀️

Welcome @Chantilly to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Your abuser is the one who should be apologizing to you.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.