Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

An Introductory to Me.

Hi all!

I am so very new to doing anything like this, and to be honest, a little on the scared side, but I feel I have been given a story to tell, and I want to share it with anyone who's interested. I have my up days and my down days, so you won't always see me feeling so happy, but that's just about everyone, right? We are human, and we all have good days and bad. It's all about how we handle them. That's it for now. I hope to hear from some people, and figure out how to start telling my story on here. Thank you for listening. 

~Audra Rose~

@AudraRose88 welcome to AS, I'm glad you've found us. At AS you can be yourself and tell your story in safety. We're here to support and encourage your recovery. We're more alike than different. Welcome to a community of understanding, love and compassion.

Sending sincerity your way ❇️❇️❇️...

Edited by S_Sundance

QDear audra

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with yo

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site

Take care and keep reaching out!

I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I am glad you found us.  You will find lots of people with similar stories.  Share whatever your comfortable with when you are ready.  Welcome to our community.

Welcome to AS, @AudraRose88. It's nice to meet you! I'm glad that you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced, though, that brought you here. It was undeserved and not your fault. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people here...you're not alone. There are definitely good days and bad; we all have our up and down emotions, so no worries there. I hope that you'll feel comfortable with opening up about your range of emotions when you feel them. It's a safe place to do that in this community.

Wishing you all the best. ❤️ 

-Finch

Hello again, Audra Rose. (I just replied to another of your posts) 

I wish you many healing steps as you navigate this path, we call healing. You are not alone. 

:notalone:

15 hours ago, AudraRose88 said:

Hi all!

I am so very new to doing anything like this, and to be honest, a little on the scared side, but I feel I have been given a story to tell, and I want to share it with anyone who's interested. I have my up days and my down days, so you won't always see me feeling so happy, but that's just about everyone, right? We are human, and we all have good days and bad. It's all about how we handle them. That's it for now. I hope to hear from some people, and figure out how to start telling my story on here. Thank you for listening. 

~Audra Rose~

Welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am glad you've found us. This is a safe place, where you can share your story at your own pace and how much YOU want. No pressure, no expectations. We just want you to have an option to vent, ask for support and feel backed up any time.

Yes, bad days, good days... we are here for that and anything between. You can be totally honest about how you feel here. Our members are kind, and the dynamic is warm. 

It is okay to feel scared, just take your time to get to know this place. Feel free to contact me or any staff with questions or thoughts. We are just one direct message away. 

Take gentle care, and once again - welcome! :supportu:

- W ☀️

Welcome @AudraRose88 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It's understandable to be scared to post here.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

I have to say, I've never posted on any website where I have felt so welcomed and accepted. You all have already made me feel like this is where I'm supposed to be. And, I don't know how to keep proceeding, if I need to keep making new posts, or if I should reply to the threads I've started myself to continue what I've started. If someone who has some experience writing in forums like this could just throw me some pointers, that would be great. I would absolutely love that. I'd also really like to get in touch with another survivor or two that have a similar experience to mine so I have someone I can talk to about what happened. That's something I've never really had, someone to talk to who can really understand what I've been through, the support, other than from my parents, but that's always a bit different, isn't it? lol Anyway, I'm open to talking to people and would love to be able to do that. Thank you for all the kind words.

~Audra Rose~

Hi, @AudraRose88, I’m Luna. I’d say you’ve found a good community ❤️ I’m a new member as well, and I already feel a lot stronger for sharing my story. I hope that it works for you as well.  If you need help or just someone to talk to, my pms are open 😄

Welcome! I totally get being a little scared and honestly, it's refreshing to see someone else say it. I feel like... putting into words what happened makes it feel more real. I went years without telling a soul anything I'd be through because I simply wanted to pretend it never did. I'm paying for that now as an adult and am using my experiences to make me a more understanding and compassionate person as well as better mother to my own girls. I want to be the person they can trust with absolutely everything because I never had someone like that.