Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, my name is Luna(she/her or they/them), and I'm a new member. I'm 27, and I live in the US. I was diagnosed with DID(Dissociative Identity Disorder) in July 2020, and I feel like I'm still trying to adjust to it. It's a sensitive topic for us because we've masked as a singlet for so long. Only a few people in my life know about it, and I'd love to get to know other members who also have DID, as I don't think I've ever met another system before and I'd like to hopefully not feel so alone with this disorder. I also have autism and have been diagnosed with it since I was 14.

I found this website through my husband. He's not a member, but I had a very traumatic experience a couple days ago where a memory that was blocked to me before resurfaced, and it completely broke me. He found this website so that I could hopefully have somewhere to talk about my trauma and find others who've experienced what I have and can maybe give me some advice. I have a therapist, but I feel like she can only do so much.

I'm hoping that I can talk with others like me and hopefully learn to heal from the things that've happened to me. I want to learn how to better cope with my disorders. I'm also sick of staying silent about what I've been through. I'm tired of holding it all in and letting it fester. I really hope that I'm welcome here, and I hope to make some good friends here. 💝 

Hello and welcome to AS, Luna! I'm glad you made your way here. It's wonderful that your husband found AS for you and you joined. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. ❤️ And yes, there are several members that have DID. There is a DID support thread you can find here. I'm glad you got your diagnosis and are now working on adjusting to it. I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice here from those that can relate.

I'm so sorry for the traumatic experience you've gone through. It was undeserved and not your fault. :( I'm really so very sorry...memories can do that. Our minds like to try and protect us, but the truth eventually comes out (usually), and it can hurt so much. I'm glad you have a therapist. Keep working on healing...it may take a while, but you have lots of support in this community. ❤️ 

Best wishes to you, Luna! Take gentle care of yourself.

-Finch

P.S. I see you like video games! Me, too. :) What games are you playing?

1 minute ago, mini.finch said:

Hello and welcome to AS, Luna! I'm glad you made your way here. It's wonderful that your husband found AS for you and you joined. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. ❤️ And yes, there are several members that have DID. There is a DID support thread you can find here. I'm glad you got your diagnosis and are now working on adjusting to it. I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice here from those that can relate.

I'm so sorry for the traumatic experience you've gone through. It was undeserved and not your fault. :( I'm really so very sorry...memories can do that. Our minds like to try and protect us, but the truth eventually comes out (usually), and it can hurt so much. I'm glad you have a therapist. Keep working on healing...it may take a while, but you have lots of support in this community. ❤️ 

Best wishes to you, Luna! Take gentle care of yourself.

-Finch

P.S. I see you like video games! Me, too. :) What games are you playing?

Thank you so much! I'll go check out that thread. My husband and I have been playing Elden Ring with each other and that's been a ton of fun. I also like to play a LOT of farming sims, like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, those are probably my favorite kind of game 😄 My game tastes vary a lot to other genres as well, but that's what I've mainly been playing.

4 minutes ago, xLunanonymous said:

Thank you so much! I'll go check out that thread. My husband and I have been playing Elden Ring with each other and that's been a ton of fun. I also like to play a LOT of farming sims, like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, those are probably my favorite kind of game 😄 My game tastes vary a lot to other genres as well, but that's what I've mainly been playing.

That is awesome!! :) I want to get Elden Ring some time, though I know it'll be quite the challenge lol. I enjoyed Bloodborne though, so maybe I can handle it?? That's fun you play it with your husband. And aw, yes, farming sims are fun, too! I love Stardew Valley, and I'm looking forward to the new Rune Factory. ❤️ I'm playing Cris Tales, Pokemon Arceus, and Blue Reflection Second Light, and I'm also playing Cyberpunk 2077. So yeah...my taste in games goes all over really haha. And I play A LOT of games at once. :P 

I like the pokemon games too, but we haven't gotten arceus yet. Elden Ring has been really fun though! I've also played Bloodborne and the first Dark Souls game and Elden Ring is at least a little bit easier but still challenging, at least from my experience.

Hi Luna and welcome. 

I am very sorry for all the trauma you've endured and the struggles you are currently facing. You have found a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. Many members share the same struggles, while all understand the difficulties, we all face because of what someone else did. You are not alone. 

You are free to let your voice be heard here, with no judgement and no pressure. Interact at your own pace and be assured that you are accepted here. It's not an easy journey, but perhaps just a bit easier with others that walk this same path. I am glad you found us. 

Wishing you nothing but the best as you continue this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Dear luna

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome @xLunanonymous to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.

P.S.- I'm autistic too!

"I had a very traumatic experience a couple days ago where a memory that was blocked to me before resurfaced, and it completely broke me. "

Luna - thank you so much for sharing! I am in a similar spot - in that I had a repressed memory pop up last year. It has me questioning everything and I am so broken too. I know what you mean. My anxiety is SO high. I am sending you love. You are not alone. 

I had a flashback of my Father but it cuts off before anything graphic happens. My Brother came out about a sexual flashback he had of my Father over 10 years ago. I didn't want to believe him. I feel awful saying that. I wasn't ready to believe that our Father could be capable of harm. I am really struggling to accept that it most likely happened to me too. I don't know how to move forward. I feel stuck. 

I'm here if you ever need someone to listen! 

@missfrier @8888

Thank you so much! I honestly do think the forum is helping me. I don’t have a lot of people to talk to about things in my personal life and it really does help to know I’m not alone. I was just telling my husband yesterday that I honestly do feel so much stronger now.

@Meeshk

I’m really sorry you’re going through the same thing. For me, it was my cousin. I’m still having trouble trying to come to terms with it and knowing what I should or shouldn’t do. Really what hurts me more is that I have to watch them hurt other people and I can’t do anything about it. I’m really glad to know that I’m not alone, though. ❤️

On 3/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, xLunanonymous said:

Hello, my name is Luna(she/her or they/them), and I'm a new member. I'm 27, and I live in the US. I was diagnosed with DID(Dissociative Identity Disorder) in July 2020, and I feel like I'm still trying to adjust to it. It's a sensitive topic for us because we've masked as a singlet for so long. Only a few people in my life know about it, and I'd love to get to know other members who also have DID, as I don't think I've ever met another system before and I'd like to hopefully not feel so alone with this disorder. I also have autism and have been diagnosed with it since I was 14.

I found this website through my husband. He's not a member, but I had a very traumatic experience a couple days ago where a memory that was blocked to me before resurfaced, and it completely broke me. He found this website so that I could hopefully have somewhere to talk about my trauma and find others who've experienced what I have and can maybe give me some advice. I have a therapist, but I feel like she can only do so much.

I'm hoping that I can talk with others like me and hopefully learn to heal from the things that've happened to me. I want to learn how to better cope with my disorders. I'm also sick of staying silent about what I've been through. I'm tired of holding it all in and letting it fester. I really hope that I'm welcome here, and I hope to make some good friends here. 💝 

Hello there, I am Wanna :flowers:

May I say that I find you incredible strong and brave? Certain diagnoses are sadly frown upon, but I guarantee that this community advocates a none-judgmental and sympathetic approach. We have members who are open with their diagnoses. You can share in the pace you feel comfortable with, take part in other's stories and connect with fellow survivors. 

Of course you are welcomed here! Take your time to get acquainted with this place. If you would need anything at all, you can send me or any staff member a message. :notalone:

I am sorry about past and recent trauma, and how it affects your life. Please know we believe YOU! 

Hope to see you around here

- Wanna ☀️

Edited by WannaMoveOn

@WannaMoveOn

Thank you so much! I’m not very open about my diagnosis irl. Hardly anyone really knows because I know that not a lot of people will understand, and I don’t want to put us in any danger. This community has made me feel very safe, though. I’ve never felt this welcome in a community or like i belong and it honestly feels very nice.

38 minutes ago, xLunanonymous said:

@WannaMoveOn

Thank you so much! I’m not very open about my diagnosis irl. Hardly anyone really knows because I know that not a lot of people will understand, and I don’t want to put us in any danger. This community has made me feel very safe, though. I’ve never felt this welcome in a community or like i belong and it honestly feels very nice.

It's very nice indeed :) It is understandable that you don't want to share to just anyone, it is personal and you choose who you let in. 

You share in your own pace and whatever you want. Stay safe!

Edited by WannaMoveOn

Welcome! I want to start by saying I'm so incredibly happy for you because of the support you seem to have from your husband. Mine tries his best... but it's complicated. I'd give anything for him to just be able to be present for me when I need him.