Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A First Hello

Hi :) My therapist suggested I try something like this, so here I am. Trying it. It’s rather like standing on the edge of an empty chasm. I’m half expecting to hear the echo of my words, and not quite sure what else to expect. Here’s to the unknown!

6 minutes ago, Not Your Average Princess said:

@Starry Skye Welcome to a new beginning.  I joined a couple of months ago and have it very helpful to have a group of people who some of my journey.  Good luck!

Thank you.

Hi Starry Skye and welcome. 

I am very sorry for what brings you here, but glad you found us, nonetheless. You have found a supportive community with many understanding and kind members. We accept you and validate all you've been thru.  You are not alone.

Your words can be powerful, when you find your way to release them, so let them echo across this site. It is empowering. It can be freeing. It can be steps in the right direction. So, feel free to look about and jump in, when you are ready. I wish you the best with this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome to AS @Starry Skye! I'm glad you found your way here. It's great that your therapist suggested joining a community like this. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. ❤️ I'm sorry for what you've experienced...it was undeserved and not your fault, but you are now in a place that I hope will be very helpful to you. Sending you all the best.

-Finch

17 hours ago, Starry Skye said:

Hi :) My therapist suggested I try something like this, so here I am. Trying it. It’s rather like standing on the edge of an empty chasm. I’m half expecting to hear the echo of my words, and not quite sure what else to expect. Here’s to the unknown!

Welcome on board! Good thing you found us, I am Wanna by the way :flowers:

Your therapist made an excellent suggestion. Therapy covers the need of professional advice, but a community reminds you that you are not alone. That you can heal with other survivors. We have a strength together, we can pass on advice and be there for one another. You choose how much you'd like to share about yourself, we are here for you at all times. 

Us staff are here for any questions or thoughts, just one PM away :supportu: So proud of you for taking this step. 

All best, Wanna ☀️

Welcome @Starry Skye to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm happy to hear you have a therapist.  Hopefully being here will be a good supplement to your therapy.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

On 3/23/2022 at 9:54 PM, MeBeMary said:

Hi Starry Skye and welcome. 

I am very sorry for what brings you here, but glad you found us, nonetheless. You have found a supportive community with many understanding and kind members. We accept you and validate all you've been thru.  You are not alone.

Your words can be powerful, when you find your way to release them, so let them echo across this site. It is empowering. It can be freeing. It can be steps in the right direction. So, feel free to look about and jump in, when you are ready. I wish you the best with this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Thank you, Mary.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:28 AM, mini.finch said:

Welcome to AS @Starry Skye! I'm glad you found your way here. It's great that your therapist suggested joining a community like this. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. ❤️ I'm sorry for what you've experienced...it was undeserved and not your fault, but you are now in a place that I hope will be very helpful to you. Sending you all the best.

-Finch

Thanks!

On 3/24/2022 at 2:06 PM, WannaMoveOn said:

Welcome on board! Good thing you found us, I am Wanna by the way :flowers:

Your therapist made an excellent suggestion. Therapy covers the need of professional advice, but a community reminds you that you are not alone. That you can heal with other survivors. We have a strength together, we can pass on advice and be there for one another. You choose how much you'd like to share about yourself, we are here for you at all times. 

Us staff are here for any questions or thoughts, just one PM away :supportu: So proud of you for taking this step. 

All best, Wanna ☀️

Thanks, Wanna. I think my T hopes this will help my tendency to downplay. 

On 3/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, 8888 said:

Welcome @Starry Skye to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm happy to hear you have a therapist.  Hopefully being here will be a good supplement to your therapy.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

I wouldn’t function well without a therapist. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, Starry Skye said:

Thanks, Wanna. I think my T hopes this will help my tendency to downplay. 

You can keep us updated if you'd like. Many here have gone through therapy, including myself :) 

2 minutes ago, WannaMoveOn said:

You can keep us updated if you'd like. Many here have gone through therapy, including myself :) 

Not surprising. This kind of experience is a mental battlefield. A good T is definitely essential for me.

1 minute ago, Starry Skye said:

Not surprising. This kind of experience is a mental battlefield. A good T is definitely essential for me.

Yes, very much so. Therapy and a community is a golden combo in my opinion. I am currently between therapists but will probably pick it up soon. 

Dear starry sky

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

On 3/28/2022 at 2:19 AM, missfrier said:

Dear starry sky

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Thank you!

On 3/31/2022 at 4:33 PM, LovelyLittleDisaster said:

Welcome! The mother in me totally read your intro and heard "Into the Unknown" from Frozen 😅 #MomLife I hope this space gives you some comfort.

Lol! And thanks for the welcome. :)