Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey! (intro)

sgs

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well! I go by sgs and am a 17-year-old senior in high school. I was sexually abused for 3 years between the ages of 10-13. In December of 2021, I felt I was ready to share what had happened with my therapist and after a few failed attempts of sharing I was finally able to. After talking with my therapist I was referred to a trauma therapist which I have been seeing for a few weeks now. I am officially diagnosed with PTSD and trying to manage my symptoms as well as navigating through healing has been difficult. I've definitely felt like I needed more support than just my therapist and boyfriend so I've been looking for a support group and through that, I found AS. I'm still not exactly sure how the site works although I have read the posts by the moderators under the welcome section, so I am sorry in advance for any mistakes I may make. I am looking for a space to receive advice and get some guidance on this journey as well as have a place to vent. I am also more than willing to do my absolute best to give advice and help others! 

- sgs ❤️  

Edited by sgs

Hi sgs,

Welcome to the community! I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but glad you decided to reach out. What happened to you was wrong and completely undeserved. You are brave to start taking steps in your recovery. I'm glad you decided AfterSilence should be part of this journey. You will find our members understanding, supportive and kind. You are accepted and validated here.

Feel free to look around the site and jump in where you feel comfortable. You will soon get a PM with some guidance, as well. We are here for you!

Wishing you the best!

Mary

:youcanheal:  

Welcome to AS, @sgs! Nice to meet you! I'm glad that you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced as a child. It was wrong and undeserved. I'm so sorry. But I am incredibly proud of you for seeking help!! For opening up to your therapist, to seeing a trauma therapist, to being diagnosed, and now to even join AS. You're doing so well. :) Don't worry about being a little lost here at first...that's normal. There are no "mistakes" that can't be handled, and I'm sure you'll be fine! 

For receiving advice, I suggest Gathering Place or Aftermath. Aftermath is where you can post a little more detail (think of it as PG-13 rating, whereas Gathering is rated G). We have a Venting section, so go right ahead and post there any time you need to. 

You'll meet lots of friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. Best wishes!

-Finch

Thank you so much for the support and Information I appreciate it more than I can even describe! 

7 hours ago, sgs said:

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well! I go by sgs and am a 17-year-old senior in high school. I was sexually abused for 4 years between the ages of 10-13. In December of 2021, I felt I was ready to share what had happened with my therapist and after a few failed attempts of sharing I was finally able to. After talking with my therapist I was referred to a trauma therapist which I have been seeing for a few weeks now. I am officially diagnosed with PTSD and trying to manage my symptoms as well as navigating through healing has been difficult. I've definitely felt like I needed more support than just my therapist and boyfriend so I've been looking for a support group and through that, I found AS. I'm still not exactly sure how the site works although I have read the posts by the moderators under the welcome section, so I am sorry in advance for any mistakes I may make. I am looking for a space to receive advice and get some guidance on this journey as well as have a place to vent. I am also more than willing to do my absolute best to give advice and help others! 

- sgs ❤️  

Hello and welcome on board! I am Wanna, nice to meet you :flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for all of your pain and trauma, please know you are not alone. We believe you, it was NOT your fault. It sounds like you have come to the right place. I understand that you feel like you need a space outside or your T and bf. Sometimes, we need a place where we can be anonymous and nothing is attached to our IRL life. You can come here any time for support, and share what you want in your own pace. 

This place is indeed great to vent and advice, and share some of your own wisdom. That is basically what we do here, nothing is too big or too small to be posted here :) 

Anyhow, do not worry about mistakes. Take your time to learn. Us staff are only one DM away if you would need anything at all.  :youcanheal:

Wishing you a best weekend, 

Wanna ☀️ 

Dear  sgs

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

@sgs I just noticed that you also enjoy weight lifting!  💪🏼  I love it.  I find lifting to be a very therapeutic activity… I hope you do as well.

Hi @sgs and welcome to After Silence!!!  

I'm a little late to the party but I'm glad to see you're settling in nicely.  I'm so sorry to learn of the circumstances that have led you to our community but I'm truly pleased to see you already getting loads of support!  

I support you. :)  Take good care of yourself!

- Cap

Welcome @sgs to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  I'm sure you will get the hang of things soon enough.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.