Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Flowers26

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I’m not sure what to say. I’ve recently started my trauma therapy, it’s been very intense, very emotional. I’ve had this trauma for more than 5 years and I now decided to confront and heal from my terrible experience. I’m glad I’m on this new journey of healing but it’s been hard. I decided to join this group in hopes to connect with others who could understand. I’m happy I’m here and this place will help me feel less alone. Thank you and I hope to connect with others.

Thank you,

Flowers26🌸

Welcome to AS, @Flowers26! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced (it was undeserved and unfair), but I'm so relieved to hear that you started trauma therapy! Therapy can help so much. And so can communities like us. :) I wish we had met under better circumstances, but it is nice to meet you nonetheless. You will meet other very friendly and supportive people here, too. You're not alone!

Sending you well wishes. ❤️ Take care!

-Finch

10 hours ago, Flowers26 said:

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I’m not sure what to say. I’ve recently started my trauma therapy, it’s been very intense, very emotional. I’ve had this trauma for more than 5 years and I now decided to confront and heal from my terrible experience. I’m glad I’m on this new journey of healing but it’s been hard. I decided to join this group in hopes to connect with others who could understand. I’m happy I’m here and this place will help me feel less alone. Thank you and I hope to connect with others.

Thank you,

Flowers26🌸

Hello Flowers26 and welcome on board! I go by Wanna :flowers:

Wow, starting therapy is indeed an intense milestone. All those suppressed emotions reaching the surface, that is for sure a lot of work. But you can do this, you have decided to start healing. That is something to be proud about. 

After Silence is a safe place for survivors to connect and exchange support. Reading others stories can help you a lot, especially with feeling less alone. We need to know that we can heal, and that we can talk about this. 

You can post about trauma-related topics or just plain life. Please know that what occurred is not your fault, and that we believe you. 

Hoping to see you around here. You can always send a DM to me or any stuff with questions. :aswelcomesu:

Sincerely, Wanna ☀️

Hi Flowers,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you went thru about 5 years ago and the struggles you still face today. You have found a very supportive community tho, with many understanding and kind members. It is brave to start to face the trauma, as we all know, it's not that easy to do. You are not alone, tho. We walk this path with you.

Feel free to look around the site and interact when and where it feels comfortable. I wish you well as you begin this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome @Flowers26 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Great job starting trauma therapy too!  I know it can be tough sometimes but it should be helpful in the long run.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.