Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

*Lotus Trying to Bloom*

I have decided that 22 years....is ENOUGH.

Hope the day finds you well as your eyes have meandered onto my 'introduction of self.' 😬 Thank you to any/all who feel led in contributing your time, hope, experiences, and/or possible advice to aide in my Surviving & Thriving! 🥰

I am a survivor of mental, verbal, physical, & sexual abuse; including rape and a relationship with a covert narcissist that stripped me of everything I had left of myself. However, I did not begin verbalizing and trying to seek intensive trauma therapy until very recently. I had began to use drugs to help me not sleep, bc I was terrified of night terrors I have suffered from for years. Terrible thing to use to cope, but I have since completed rehabilitation on my own and living proudly in sobriety!

I am just starting my journey of healing from these traumatic events in my life. They began when I was a child all the way through to about 3 years ago. I'm scared, depressed, vulnerable, & broken among hundreds of other descriptive terminology.  

So, here I am. Thanks for having me!

~BlessedWithaVoice

40 minutes ago, BlessedWithaVoice said:

I have decided that 22 years....is ENOUGH.

Hope the day finds you well as your eyes have meandered onto my 'introduction of self.' 😬 Thank you to any/all who feel led in contributing your time, hope, experiences, and/or possible advice to aide in my Surviving & Thriving! 🥰

I am a survivor of mental, verbal, physical, & sexual abuse; including rape and a relationship with a covert narcissist that stripped me of everything I had left of myself. However, I did not begin verbalizing and trying to seek intensive trauma therapy until very recently. I had began to use drugs to help me not sleep, bc I was terrified of night terrors I have suffered from for years. Terrible thing to use to cope, but I have since completed rehabilitation on my own and living proudly in sobriety!

I am just starting my journey of healing from these traumatic events in my life. They began when I was a child all the way through to about 3 years ago. I'm scared, depressed, vulnerable, & broken among hundreds of other descriptive terminology.  

So, here I am. Thanks for having me!

~BlessedWithaVoice

Hello and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

I really like your profile name. Yes, you are blessed with a voice and you have broken your silence. 

22 years is enough indeed. I am sincerely sorry you had to go through any of that. Please know, none of it was your fault. It seems like you have realized a lot about your past already. That will indeed help your journey towards recovery. 

I hope you will feel access to support every day from now on. After Silence is a safe place with kind members, who form a wonderful support system. This is a good platform to get advice, relate and connect with other survivors. We are here for every scenario, every day. 

If you had a chance to explore the site a bit, you may have noticed that we talk about everything here. You are invited to share in your own amount and pace. 

Please let me know if you would have any questions or need some company. You can DM me or any staff member of choice :aswelcomesu: :notalone:You will find an extended welcoming in your DM box. 

Hope to see you around here! 

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome to AS @BlessedWithaVoice. I also really like your username. It's lovely and so true. You have a voice you've been blessed with, and you are now using it, which is great. Using your voice will help you to heal. 22 years is definitely enough! It takes a lot of time, and everyone is different, for when they decide to start healing. I'm proud of you. 

I'm so sorry for what you've been through. It sounds like a lot, far too much for anyone to handle. :( You didn't deserve any of it, and it wasn't your fault. I want to tell you that you aren't broken. You are injured, and injuries heal. You are capable of healing. ❤️ 

Wishing you all the best. Take your time exploring the site, and reach out whenever you need to.

-Finch

Hi there BlessedWithaVoice,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry you endured so much and still struggle with the after affects. It isn't fair or deserved. You have found a wonderfully supportive community with so many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

It is never too late to start that journey. I spent decades avoiding mine, until I found this site. Tho there is still work to do, acknowledging and facing what happened is such a big step for all of us, so I know this is a big step for you, too. I am glad you found us. 

Feel free to look about the site and jump in when you feel ready...no pressure or judgment. We accept you and your truth. I wish you well as you begin your journey on this tricky, but possible path of healing. 

Mary

:youcanheal:

Dear blessedwithavoice

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome @BlessedWithaVoice to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  And congratulations on your sobriety!