Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Day Here

Safe44

Hello! 
I just wanted to reach out and say how grateful I am to have found this site. I’m at a point where my trauma is no longer being suppressed and I’m struggling to deal with my emotions. I’m hoping through others experiences I’ll be able to find new ways to cope, see that I’m no longer alone and that one day I might feel safe again. 
Thank you :) 

You are definitely not alone “Safe 44”…I’m glad you found this site too, i only found it a week ago and though my emotions are still out of control, I absolutely do not feel as alone. I spent time looking through the forums and found ones that were applicable and spoke to me so much that I felt I wanted to respond-and share…take your time, you’ll find where you’re comfortable. Good for you for making this first post, it’s a big step! Feel free to reach out if you need someone to listen. 

Hello Safe44 and welcome. 

I am so sorry for all you've been thru and the now un-suppressed struggles you are facing. What happened to you was not deserved, but you have found a wonderful community. Our members are truly supportive and understanding. You are not alone. 

The first step is always the hardest, it is for sure. Facing instead of denying? I've been there myself. The journey is not easy and not always smooth, but you definitely have a foundation of support with us. Feel free to look around and interact where it is comfortable. Wishing you well and wishing you many more steps in the right direction...forward!

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thank you @Mic and @MeBeMary. I’m not sure how much help I could be to you both but it’s nice feeling less alone. Thank you for reaching out, it means a lot. I’m struggling with my emotions as well so I get feeling out of control. I wish I had looked for resources some time ago, but I try to see it as I wasn’t ready. 

Safe44😀

Edited by Safe44

We are happy to have you @Safe44

I wish all of our circumstances were different, but I'm glad we have this place to support each other and help each other heal. Healing is a long process filled with ups and downs, but you will get there. Talking with other survivors can help you feel less alone and validate how you are feeling. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Wishing you the best. 

Welcome @Safe44 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear safe44

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

On 1/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, 8888 said:

Welcome @Safe44 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hello @8888! Thank you so much for making me feel welcome. I’m so happy I found this site because I’ve felt so supported. If you ever want to talk please reach out, I will do the same. I’m sorry for what brought you here too but I’m glad we can get help one another. 

Safe44 :) 

On 1/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, missfrier said:

Dear safe44

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Hello @missfrier! I’m so glad, being here is helpful because I’ve been really stressed lately. To know that this is such a supportive community and to know that others have been able to feel better… I feel like there is hope for me too. Thank you for reaching out! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need someone to listen! 

Take care, 

Safe44 :) 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, snmls said:

We are happy to have you @Safe44

I wish all of our circumstances were different, but I'm glad we have this place to support each other and help each other heal. Healing is a long process filled with ups and downs, but you will get there. Talking with other survivors can help you feel less alone and validate how you are feeling. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Wishing you the best. 

Thank you @snmls
I’m glad to be here and wish our circumstances were different but I’m glad to have to support and be supportive to others during their healing process. Since joining I’ve felt like my feelings are valid and it’s okay to feel the way I do and it’s been helping me face a lot of things I held in for the past few years. Thank you for reaching out! 

Best, 

On 1/8/2022 at 6:41 PM, Faithish said:

Hello safe44 and welcome, I am relatively new as well and I can assure you everyone here is welcoming and kind. It’s an amazing place to vent

Hello @Faithish

It’s nice to meet you and I’m glad you made the step to come here. It’s been amazing so far and I feel a weight has been lifted off of me. Being able to vent without feeling judged has made me feel safer and more comfortable. Reach out if you ever want to talk. 

Be well, 

On 1/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, Safe44 said:

Hello @8888! Thank you so much for making me feel welcome. I’m so happy I found this site because I’ve felt so supported. If you ever want to talk please reach out, I will do the same. I’m sorry for what brought you here too but I’m glad we can get help one another. 

Thank you!

Hi Safe44, welcome to AS.

I'm glad you found us.  This is  very supportive and caring place.  You're not alone. 

Take care Patti