Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there 😅

I am horrible at introducing myself but here we go, 

1. I’m awkward 

2. I have a boyfriend in the army 

3. It is difficult for me to open up when I don’t know who I’m talking to, but I’m giving it a try! 

Welcome to AS, @Faithish! I'm glad you found your way here. :) It's ok to be a bit awkward, especially in a new place like this. But trust me, we're all a really friendly and supportive bunch. You're not alone. ❤️ 

I'm so sorry that you have reason to be here, though. Whatever happened to you was undeserved and not your fault. 

Take your time opening up and posting where you feel comfortable. Best wishes to you!

-Finch

Hello, @Faithish and welcome to After Silence.  

I, too, am very awkward at times.  Socially awkward is an accurate assessment. 😉 Thankfully, online, I can be a little less awkward, knowing that there is still a level of anonymity.  I also find it very difficult to open up to those I don't know very well (and even with those I DO know well!) but being here is a good way to start (or continue) your healing process by forming connections with people who can truly relate to sexual trauma.  

I'm very sorry that is what has brought you here, but hope that being here helps bring you some peace and comfort.  You aren't alone, here - though we all come from different walks of life, many, many can relate to what you are going through.

Best wishes to you,

- Capulet

Hi Faithish and welcome.

I am sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you came. This community is filled with understanding and supportive members. You are not alone. We will not rush you or judge you. Validation and kindness tho, is around every corner. 

I got use to the place just looking around to start. Comfort grew but was never rushed. We understand this first hello is a mighty big step. I'm proud of you for taking it. I am sure more steps will come. Wishing you well. 

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome Faithish, I’m new too, and socially awkward for sure! I do find the anonymity of online a bit helpful and when I have posted everyone who has responded has been incredibly kind, welcoming  and supportive….I hope your experience  is the same. It sucks that we all have to be here, but kind of amazing that we can support each other this way. I hope you find what you need.

Welcome @Faithish to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

On 1/2/2022 at 4:50 AM, Faithish said:

I am horrible at introducing myself but here we go, 

1. I’m awkward 

2. I have a boyfriend in the army 

3. It is difficult for me to open up when I don’t know who I’m talking to, but I’m giving it a try! 

Hello and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

Take your time to get settled here. Opening up to a new community can feel hard for sure, but there is no stress. You take everything at your own pace. We are happy to have you. :aswelcomesu:

Good thing you found us! Nobody should battle trauma alone. I am sincerely sorry for what you´ve been through. Please know, we believe you. Our members form a warm support system, and you can talk about whatever is going on in your life here. If you would have any questions, you can ask me or any other staff member. Feel free to DM questions or if you´d need a vent/chat. Hope to see you around :) 

- Wanna ☀️